City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Director of Major Gifts & Capital Campaigns
Single Stop USA
Single Stop USA seeks a seasoned Director of Major Gifts and Capital Campaigns to develop and implement a strategic plan for major gifts, individual donors and its growth capital campaign. Working closely with the CEO, CDO and other Single Stop senior staff, along with Single Stop's Board of Directors, this is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to play a leadership role at Single Stop by growing the agency's development initiatives. Reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer ("CDO"), and working collaboratively with Single Stop's senior managers and board of directors, the Director will be responsible for the implementation of Single Stop's fundraising strategy including growth capital campaign and major gifts strategy.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Comprehensive Medical and Dental coverage
15 days paid annual vacation, plus holidays
Significant opportunities for professional growth and development
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Build and manage a high-performing fundraising program that includes annual giving, major gifts and a growth capital campaign.
• Partner with the CEO and CDO to plan, manage and execute growth capital and major gifts campaigns.
• Develop an overall strategic plan for major gifts and a multi-million dollar capital raise.
• Personally identify, cultivate and close major gifts of 5, 6 and 7 figures.
• Coordinate and guide relationships through all aspects of the gift cycle, including: identifying prospects; working with senior staff and board members to initiate contact and engage them; developing appropriate cultivation strategies; moving potential donors toward solicitation and closure; and maintaining stewardship contacts with donors.
• Review, understand, help to refine, and ultimately utilize capital campaign prospectus to pursue a successful capital campaign.
• Prepare strategy portion of briefing documents for meetings with major donors and cultivation events for individuals, and manage follow-up activities.
• Manage Single Stop’s stewardship campaign.
• Manage all cultivation and stewardship activities including “one on one” meetings, and small- and medium-scale events to introduce Single Stop to new audiences.
• Oversee small donor fundraising program of mass donor mailings, e-mailings, and updates.
• Prepare revenue projections for individuals for annual budgeting.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Commitment to, and passion for, the mission and values of Single Stop USA and the challenge of helping SSUSA support its rapid grow and achieve maximum impact.
• An advanced degree from a major college or university is preferred.
• 5-10+ years of increasing development responsibilities, particularly major gifts and capital campaign experience.
• Proven track record in crafting and managing personalized major donor strategies and solicitations.
• Excellent diplomacy skills required to work well with colleagues at all levels.
• Ability to design, execute and successfully close a significant major gifts and capital campaigns.
• Demonstrated success identifying, cultivating, closing, and stewarding individual major gifts at the 5, 6 and 7 figure levels.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to craft clear and compelling cases for support, taking complex goals, strategies and framing them for the individual donor.
• Superb writing and oral presentation skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Openness to evolving responsibilities.
• Proficiency with budgets, financial reporting and revenue forecasting.
• Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background and fingerprinting
How TO APPLY:
Please send a resume and cover letter stating specifically why you are interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Major Gifts and Capital Campaigns” in the subject line.
Single Stop USA is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information see www.singlestopusa.org
Single Stop USA is the ambitious nationwide expansion of a remarkably successful program launched by the Robin Hood Foundation that connects the working poor in New York with government funds and services. In its first six years, Single Stop USA has delivered $2 billion in benefits to over 700,000 households in 7 states and was chosen as a recipient of the highly competitive White House Social Innovation Fund (SIF) through New Profit, Inc. Single Stop’s award-winning benefits technology platform and one-stop approach is changing the way America combats poverty by focusing on prevention rather than intervention. Under the leadership of a dynamic CEO with over twenty years of experience and a Board of Directors boasting expertise in civil rights, health and human services, poverty alleviation, youth development and the private sector, Single Stop USA continues to pursue dramatic growth and groundbreaking work in the community college and veterans-serving sectors.
Single Stop USA is a national non-profit organization dedicated to providing low-income individuals access to critical resources that catalyze financial self-sufficiency. Single Stop’s unique approach strikes at the root of the cycle of poverty by leveraging access to critical resources with opportunities for education, training and support—a powerful recipe for lifelong economic mobility. Single Stop implements its model by partnering with existing institutions (such as community-based organizations and community colleges) rather than creating ground-up infrastructure or duplicative efforts. Single Stop is also a champion of the powerful role that technology can have in service delivery. Single Stop owns and operates Single Stop Technologies, a software development company that manages the Benefits Enrollment Network (BEN). BEN is an innovative benefits screening and case management tool that streamlines the benefits screening and application process and empowers Single Stop site coordinators to achieve greater impact. Technology is one of five components of Single Stop’s service platform, the others include Training and Technical Assistance, Program Assistance, Management Consulting, and Data Tracking and Evaluation.
Launched in 2001 as a New York City-based antipoverty initiative of the Robin Hood Foundation, by 2006 the program had developed into one of the most effective of its kind, serving more than 70,000 households annually at 59 community-based organizations, food pantries, shelters, health centers and job-training sites throughout the city. Recognizing the organization’s potential for growth, the Atlantic Philanthropies funded a study, conducted by McKinsey & Co and Single Stop, to determine the viability of replication and expansion. As a result, Single Stop USA was established in 2007 to expand across the country. Supported by a founding grant from the Atlantic Philanthropies, the new organization absorbed the New York sites and began the process of expansion, nationwide. Single Stop USA now operates more than 90 sites in seven states. In 2012 alone, Single Stop USA helped 156,821 families access more than $470 million in such benefits and services as health insurance and SNAP, financial, legal and tax preparation services.
In 2009, Single Stop USA expanded to community colleges, launching three pilot sites in two states and growing to 11 community college partners in five states the following year while also forming a national partnership with the Association of Community College Trustees. With support from the SIF award as well as a number of other foundations, Single Stop currently operates at 17 community college sites in seven states and has system-wide partnerships with several of the nation’s largest community college systems – the City University of New York, Miami Dade College and the City College of San Francisco.
By partnering with community colleges, Single Stop harnesses two of the country’s most effective anti-poverty tools: coordinated access to America’s safety net and a post-secondary education. Community colleges offer an opportunity for low-income students to obtain a post-secondary education, and with it, a degree that significantly boosts their lifetime earnings. Sadly, financial obstacles and other barriers such as inadequate child care, food and transportation costs, housing and financial problems, health care access and immigration issues prevent the vast majority (almost 70 percent) of community college students from graduating. To ensure a holistic approach to the multitude of barriers that students face, Single Stop USA provides colleges with the resources, training, technology, and technical support to facilitate comprehensive case management, benefits access, legal counseling, tax preparation and critically, financial coaching to address issues like debt management, budgeting and credit clean-up. Single Stop aims to provide students with the tools they need to achieve a higher education, good jobs, and economic mobility.