City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Supervisor of Early Childhood Programs
Phipps Community Development Corporation
Position Summary: Phipps Community Development Corporation is seeking a qualified leader in early childhood education who will be responsible for the overall administration and management of its programs targeted at eliminating the achievement gap between low-income students and their middle class peers by the time they enter school. The ideal candidate will provide leadership in the planning, organization and consistent implementation of a developmentally appropriate curriculum emphasizing a child-directed learning program for toddlers and preschoolers. This leader will spearhead the identification and sharing of best practices, focusing on a balanced daily program of child-initiated and adult-directed activities, including individual and small group activities grounded in sound child development principles about how children grow and learn. The Supervisor of Early Childhood Programs provides leadership, operational and administrative management of two early childhood programs. The Supervisor is responsible for developing and implementing initiatives, policies, and procedures affecting programs, and is the prime liaison to the relevant communities, with funders and government agencies. This position will lead and manage program quality and teachers' performance to achieve and exceed standards as established by Head Start Performance Standards, NYC Universal Pre-Kindergarten, Phipps CDC, funders and other relevant licensing guidelines.
• Create, plan and implement programs and curriculum, assuring they meet the highest quality standards
• Demonstrate knowledge of early childhood education best practices and how to incorporate these practices into, and across, program sites
• Recruit, hire, train, inspire and supervise program staff and volunteers to perform at a high professional level
• Develop administrative procedures and systems to enhance the early childhood programs administratively and programmatically
• Communicate effectively with parents as needed and maintain a positive relationship with families through parent meetings, counseling, conference, workshops and special events
• Develop, implement and market promotional materials and sell the services of the early childhood programs to current and prospective families as well as funders
• Demonstrate an understanding of sound financial management principles in order to develop/monitor budgets, implement cost control measures and achieve targeted financial goals
• Possess a good understanding of current, applicable regulations and be able to perform all necessary steps to make sure programs are in compliance with these regulations, including the NYC Department of Health and Child and Adult Care Food Programs, where necessary
• Develop and implement structures to support successful achievement of outcomes and performance targets
• Work collaboratively with development office to develop and maintain a variety of public and private funding to support programs
• Insure the use of data for ongoing quality assurance and performance monitoring
• Promote the positive image of the organization and play a major role in making Phipps CDC a provider of choice in educational programs for the communities we serve
• MA in Early Childhood strongly preferred, BA plus minimum of 5 years relevant experience considered
• Previous experience as a Director of an early childhood program strongly preferred; administrative experience is essential including practical fiscal management and staff supervision
• Extensive program planning and curriculum development experience
• New York State Teaching Certification N-6 or Birth-2 preferred
• Knowledge of NYC DOH regulations
• Knowledge of NAEYC accreditation standards, Head Start and Universal Pre-K standards
• Ability to multi-task, be goal oriented and possess a high energy level in order to succeed in a challenging, fast-paced environment
• Positive, energetic and engaging personality as well as a good sense of humor
How TO APPLY:
Salary: Commensurate with experience. To apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter with “Supervisor of Early Childhood Programs” in the subject line to: CCrawford@phippsny.org No phone calls, please.
About Phipps CDC: Phipps Community Development Corporation (Phipps CDC) is a 41-year-old multi-service nonprofit providing a comprehensive network of educational and work-readiness programs, as well as critical community resources to more than 10,000 children, teens and adults each year in targeted communities across the Bronx and Manhattan. These programs include: Head Start, after-school, summer camp, literacy and ESOL, pre-GED, college prep, work readiness, resident supports, family programs and more.