City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Natural Areas Conservancy
The Natural Areas Conservancy was founded in 2012 to advance the restoration and conservation of green and blue places for a resilient and livable New York City. We work in partnership with the NYC Department of Parks & Recreation toward the management of the City's 10,000 acres of forests, wetlands, and grasslands. Since 2012, we have received more than $4.5 million, including generous support from the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, Tiffany & Co. Foundation, and the Mayor's Fund to Advance New York City. The Natural Areas Conservancy supplements public spending by receiving private donations, enabling the hiring of additional expert staff and use of advanced technology, and brings resources to parkland in all five boroughs of NYC.
POSITION OVERVIEW As a young organization, the Natural Areas Conservancy is seeking an intern to help us to establish a media presence, lead our social media efforts and generate web content. We want to increase our profile in print, radio, television, and web-based media. Our audience includes potential funders, conservationists, policy makers, and the general public. The intern will assist our staff with external writing and strategic communications assignments. This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in non-profit communications, journalism or social media. The communications intern will have the opportunity to help shape the voice of the Natural Areas Conservancy, and to work on a variety of projects.
• Social Media – Work with program staff to generate content for weekly (or more frequent) twitter, facebook, and tumblr posts. Manage Natural Areas Conservancy’s social media including posting new content, and reposting relevant news and content from our partners.
• Website Content Development – Work with CMS to make periodic changes to the website, including changes in staff, updating job postings, and adding media links. As requested by supervisor, assist in creating new content about current projects.
• Press –Help to identify and pitch stories. Write press releases.
• Internal Communications – Assist in writing a newsletter. Assist in creating internal and external presentations about the Natural Areas Conservancy.
• The Natural Areas Conservancy seeks a self-starting, personable undergraduate or graduate student with strong writing and research skills, a keen news sense, and an interest in nature, parks, and civic affairs. Qualified candidates will either have completed or be working towards a degree in journalism, communications, environmental issues, conservation, urban affairs, or a related field.
• This is a 12-week, paid, part-time internship. The exact timing of the internship is flexible, and may be structured as a two-day or three-day-per week position, with compensation to be determined based on the final work schedule.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 writing samples.
How TO APPLY:
Sarah Charlop-Powers email@example.com