City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
FEGS Health & Human Services System
FEGS, one of the nation's largest and most diversified health and human service organizations, brings together the best resources and people to help individuals achieve greater personal and economic independence. Our compassionate staff and volunteers and network of innovative programs in health, disabilities, housing, homecare, employment, education, youth and family services, coordinate and provide care and assistance to more than 10,000 people each day, some 100,000 people a year.
The FEGS Brooklyn Resource Center (BRC), a highly successful program in the heart of the Brooklyn Mid Wood community, delivers naturalization/citizenship services, ESOL instruction and job placement services for immigrants, refugees, asylees and others in need of employment. BRC helps immigrants and the unemployed improve their English language skills, improve their computer skills, apply for citizenship, and obtain and retain employment.
FEGS is seeking a dynamic individual who will report to the Director of the BRC, and provide management oversight and lead the instructional staff and citizenship team to maximize program outcomes by providing direct supervision including direction of the Naturalization and Citizenship services for all eligible clients. The Coordinator will ensure that classroom activities are in accordance with recommended pedagogical principles and will assist in classroom coverage as needed. The administrative duties include ensuring the efficient management of the contracts that support program operations and adhering to all industry regulations, agency policies, and HIPAA guidelines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in any related Human Service field.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in related setting preferably experienced in Naturalization/Citizenship, bilingual education, and/or workforce development fields.
• Bilingual skills are desirable.
• Must be eligible to become Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) – accredited within one year.
• Able to travel to sites in and outside the company using customary modes of public or private transportation.
• Excellent computer knowledge with proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook. Uses formulas and spreadsheet tools to generate accurate reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Must be bilingual
How TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates may apply on the FEGS career website by submitting a resume, along with salary requirements at: http://goo.gl/EAp2a6