City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Program Director, Bronx After-School
Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibil
The Program Director is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of our Out-of-School Time program for 260 students from grades 6, 7, and 8 at a public preK-8 school in a low-income section of the Bronx. This includes recruiting students, hiring staff, program development, supervision and support for a staff of 30, reporting and compliance, and collaboration with the school and community. Full-time, salaried, year-round position with excellent benefits. Salary minimum is $45,000; more based on experience and qualifications.
Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibility is a national leader in partnering with schools to implement research-based programs in social and emotional learning. Accordingly, our OST program at PS 214, called PAZ (Peace from A to Z) has peace-making and civic engagement as its core themes. Students have a voice in shaping the program and participate in a rich array of engaging hands on activities in the arts, physical education, academic enrichment, and community service.
The PAZ middle school program at PS 214 has a successful 5-year track record, and is expanding its enrollment this year. Morningside Center also runs a separate PAZ after-school program for elementary students at the school, and collaborates closely with PS 214 during the school day to foster students' social and emotional learning.
• Recruit children and families to participate in the program
•Hire, supervise and support a staff of approximately 30, including counselors, activity specialists, and PS 214 teachers
• With support from senior staff, develop and schedule activities that fulfill the program’s objectives and that address the needs and interests of students and families
• Develop innovative projects and procedures to enrich PAZ and help it run smoothly
• Write and submit quarterly reports to funding agencies
• Ensure compliance with Department of Health and other regulations governing the program
• Attend all Morningside Center staff meetings at our home office and participate in PS 214’s School Leadership Team
• Promote good communication among Morningside Center, PS 214, and funding agencies.
• BA required; MA a plus
• Training and experience working with young people in an educational setting; experience in the NYC Department of Education a plus
• 5+ years experience and demonstrated talent as a program manager; previous SACC license a plus
• Strong administrative skills, including writing and basic computer skills, ability to understand and create budgets, attention to detail, and effective time management
• Excellent social and emotional skills, including positive, caring attitude toward students, family, and staff; appreciation of diversity; strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills; ability to work effectively as part a team; enthusiasm for collaboration
• Strong commitment to Morningside Center’s mission to educate for social responsibility and to foster students’ social and emotional learning
• Fluency in Spanish and English
• Sensitivity to the needs and challenges facing this low-income community; knowledge of West Farms/Bronx community a plus
How TO APPLY:
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 6, 2013.
Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibility is a national leader in partnering with schools to implement research-based programs in social and emotional learning.