City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Manager, Northern Queens Enrollment
Public Health Solutions
Public Health Solutions' Access to Health and Food Benefits program has been funded for two years by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Child Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (CHIPRA) to help enroll eligible Hispanic children and families in Northern Queens in public insurance programs. The Access to Health and Food Benefits program at Public Health Solutions has historically helped New York City residents obtain free or low-cost health insurance coverage by providing one-on-one assistance with the application and the renewal process. This new project will employ Facilitated Enrollers (Fes) and Community Health Workers to actively engage those in the Northern Queens community (Corona, Elmhurst, Long Island City, Jackson Heights, etc.) and provide comprehensive information about public health insurance options and their related benefits. They will also help those who are eligible apply. Workers may also be asked to help other New Yorkers who are not eligible for public coverage apply for other types of affordable health insurance through a new market place or Exchange being implemented by New York State. The project will be based at well-established and trusted community Based partners in Northern Queens. The Access to Health and Food Benefits program seeks a Manager, Northern Queens Enrollment to launch the CHIPRA Outreach and Enrollment Plan and to provide overarching program management support.
Specifically, the Manager, Northern Queens Enrollment will:
• Oversee day-to-day program activities, including development of outreach/education messages and integration of enrollment services at partner organizations
• Manage three Enrollers and all Community Health Workers; in collaboration with the Project Director, provide comprehensive training to all project staff
• Reach out to the community in Northern Queens to educate them about Health insurance availability
• Work with community leaders to dispel myths about public health insurance enrollment
• Draft grant reports as necessary for timely submission to funders
• Manage the program database to ensure that enrollment data entered by workers is accurate
• Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Business or related field; equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
• A minimum of 2 years’ management experience, preferably in health insurance enrollment management
• Must be familiar with Medicaid eligibility rules and compliance regulations
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with knowledge of database and word processing systems
• Must be a creative problem solver and have sound leadership skills
• The ability to work independently, as well as effectively in a team environment
How TO APPLY:
For more information about working at Public Health Solutions and to apply for this position, visit our website at www.healthsolutions.org. We accept online applications only.
Public Health Solutions is an EOE.