City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Advocates for Children of New York
Advocates for Children of New York (AFC), a not- for-profit organization with a mission of ensuring that New York City's most disadvantaged children have access to quality public education, seeks a motivated individual to work with the New York State Technical and Education Assistance Center for Homeless Students (NYS-TEACHS).
For over 40 years Advocates for Children of New York, Inc. (AFC) has worked on behalf of children and youth who are at greatest risk of academic failure due to poverty, race, ethnicity, disability, homelessness, immigration status/limited English proficiency, or involvement in the child welfare or juvenile justice system. Candidates should highlight any personal or professional experience that demonstrates their connection to the populations that AFC serves.
NYS-TEACHS is a project funded by the New York State Education Department and is housed at Advocates for Children. NYS-TEACHS provides technical assistance and trainings to school districts, parents, social service providers, and other professionals to promote educational access and success for children and youth experiencing homelessness.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
• updating contact and training information in our database (Salesforce),
• helping to ensure that all information in the database is current and accurate,
• making outreach calls to school districts and service providers to invite them to trainings,
• copying and assembling handouts and materials for trainings,
• preparing mailings, and
• other administrative tasks as needed.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are a must.
• HS diploma/GED a must.
• Experience working with a database, particularly Salesforce, is a plus.
• Ideal candidate should be adaptable, able to work effectively in a busy environment, detail- oriented, organized, able to keep meticulous records, tech-savvy, and able to learn new programs quickly.
• Candidate must also be professional interacting with organizational partners, both on the phone and in writing.
How TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org