City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Residential Property Manager
New Destiny Housing Corporation
New Destiny Housing Corporation, a New York City nonprofit providing housing and services to low- income domestic violence survivors and other households at risk of homelessness, seeks a full- time Residential Property Manager to oversee the maintenance and operation of nine multi-family affordable rental projects. The position reports to the New Destiny's Director of Property and Asset Management and works closely with the residential social service program staff.
New Destiny is seeking a candidate to develop "best practice" systems and procedures to ensure that our residential properties are well- maintained, efficiently and cost-effectively operated in compliance with requirements set by funding providers and city codes, and provide healthy, safe environments for our tenants.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Hiring and supervising a growing building maintenance staff
• Ensuring that vacant units are rented up quickly to qualified applicants
• Maintaining an up-to-date applicant waiting list
• Prioritizing work orders at the sites and developing routine maintenance plans
• Ensuring that tenant repairs and concerns are addressed in a timely manner
• Maintaining oversight of the inventory of janitorial supplies at the sites
• Conducting regular site visits to the projects
• Developing a list of vendors and contractors for needed repairs
• Preparing scopes of work for major repairs
• Soliciting, reviewing, and selecting bids from contractors for repairs and improvements
• Providing oversight on repair projects to ensure that code and program requirements are met
• Managing HOME and Section 8 inspections and ensuring rapid follow up if repairs are required
• Supervising unit turnover and make-ready procedures to reduce rent losses from vacancies
• Participating in the development of annual budgets for the projects
• Preparing projects for annual inspections by funders and regulators
• Preparing and updating written maintenance procedures and Maintenance Handbook
• Monitoring rent arrearages and coordinating appropriate actions with the social service staff
• Participating in resident meetings at the sites
• Other functions as appropriate
Qualifications. A.A. minimum and B.A. preferred together with 3 to 5 years of residential property management and supervisory experience. LIHTC training required as well as familiarity with Fair Housing laws. Knowledge of key New York City and State agencies such as NYCHA, HPD, HDC, NYSHCR, and NYS HHAC a plus. Candidate must have strong organizational, oral and written skills and be computer literate. Architectural experience and experience with affordable and supportive housing and nonprofits a plus. Commitment to customer service and New Destiny’s mission required. Compensation.
Salary dependent upon qualifications. Excellent benefits including health/dental, flexible spending, pension, and TransitChex.
How TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.