City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Manhattan Neighborhood Network
Manhattan Neighborhood Network's newly renovated state-of-the-art facility, the MNN El Barrio Firehouse Community Media Center, opened in 2012. Located in East Harlem, the Center is dedicated to educational services, training community producers in television and other media, providing access to equipment, and assisting in the production of programming that gives voice to grassroots communities, ideas, and concerns.
The MNN El Barrio Firehouse staff consists of a ten-person team working in a collaborative, high energy, and organized environment. MNN is seeking a part-time evening Receptionist to join this dynamic and growing Community Media Center. The Receptionist is the first contact with the public and plays an important role in developing relationships with neighborhood residents and the general public. He or she reports to Director's Executive Assistant. The position works evenings, 20 to 25 hours weekly.
• Greet and log in visitors into the facility
• Ensure visitors and guests have or receive proper identification
• Confirm producers' reservations, visitors' appointments, and sign-in public to Firehouse events
• Announce and direct visitors, trainees and producers to appropriate departments and floors
• Handle incoming phone calls and transfer calls to appropriate extensions
• Respond to phone and email inquiries from the public
• Keep accurate message logs
• Prepare summary of evening activities and pending items for daytime receptionist
• Make photocopies
• Make data entries and maintain contact information in database on ongoing basis
• Provide administrative assistance and secretarial support to Firehouse staff
• Oversee general appearance of lobby area; keep organized and clean
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• At least two years of college
• At least 3 years experience in a professional office
• Proficiency in Microsoft office programs and in Gmail
• Excellent skills in operating standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, copiers and facsimile machines
• Experienced with database entry processes and procedures
• Bilingual (Spanish/English).
Other Job Requirements
• Experience in working with the public. Enthusiastic, energetic, and friendly attitude
• Skilled with handling clerical duties while attending to phones and visitors
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a highly collaborative team
• Demonstrated ability to effectively engage and communicate with public to bring information that continuously improves services
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to accurately follow oral and written instructions
• Demonstrated problem solving capacity.
How TO APPLY:
Entry-Level position, salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
To Apply Send resume and cover to email@example.com. In the subject line, indicate "FH Part-time Receptionist Position." Applications that do not follow instructions will not be reviewed. We will begin reviewing applications until the position is filled. Due to the expected volume of applications, we may be unable to respond individually. We will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.
About MNN Manhattan Neighborhood Network the country's largest public access center, providing access to communication technologies, training, facilities and channel space on a fair and equitable basis to Manhattan's 1.5 million residents. MNN administers four Public Access channels on both the RCN, Time Warner Cable and Verizon FiOS cable systems, reaching an audience of more than a 600,000 households, as well as streaming programming live on the Internet. In addition to programming four channels of public access programming 24 hours per day, MNN programs also include the nationally recognized Youth Channel, and a Community Media program that assists non-profits and community based organizations with media support. MNN’s services are grounded in and support First Amendment freedom of speech, media justice, and public interest values, and are focused on contributing to and maintaining a vital and robust marketplace of ideas and encouraging broad participation of citizens in the civic and cultural life of communities of Manhattan. MNN has an annual operating budget of $5,600,000 and a full-time staff of 40. A 13-member Board of Directors governs MNN. Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.