City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Temporary Production Coordinator
Manhattan Neighborhood Network
MNN's Training & Facilitation Department seeks a Production Coordinator to join the MNN team that provides training and assistance to New Yorkers wishing to use and learn about video production, video editing and preparing programs for cablecast. This is a unique opportunity to join the burgeoning community media movement and help empower individuals and communities through access to new digital media technologies. The position reports to the Manager of Training & Facilitation.
Based out of MNN's midtown studios, the MNN Training & Facilitation Department staff consists of a ten-person team working in a collaborative, high energy, and deadline-oriented environment.
Overall Responsibilities Production
• Provide technical/creative consultation to producers and members of the public.
• Facilitate studio productions: check in/out producers, lighting, prepare equipment, troubleshoot technical and user problems.
• Facilitate field equipment use: check in/out, prepare packages for producers, inspect and keep track of equipment for field use.
• Facilitate editing station use: check producers in/out and troubleshoot technical problems.
• Assist in studio production and editing as needed.
• Make reservations for use of equipment and facilities with public via phone, email and in person using MNN’s database system.
• Assist with digital file submission for programming as needed.
• Assist on community and independent projects and productions as needed training.
• Teach workshops, classes and seminars as needed or assigned.
• Assist in updating of curriculum when needed.
• Assist in preparation of training materials and equipment. Administrative
• Create and update producer records.
• Check and update producer certifications.
• Ensure compliance with and implement MNN policies, rules and regulations.
• Respond to phone and email inquiries and assist with program applications.
• General upkeep, maintenance, cleanliness of edit stations, field equipment, studios and other production facilities.
• Perform other duties as directed
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in media, video, communications or journalism or equivalent experience.
• 2 years + experience working in media field.
• Minimum one year teaching and curriculum development experience.
• Strong studio production, field and post-production skills and related working experience.
• Strong new media technology skills and related working experience.
• Excellent customer service skills and conflict resolution knowledge.
• Second language very helpful.
Other Job Requirements
• Strong interest in community media.
• Good organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, collectively and collaboratively.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated initiative in solving problems and capacity to troubleshoot and make recommendations.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public.
• Position may require evening and weekend work hours.
How TO APPLY:
Compensation Salary commensurate with experience. To Apply Application deadline is 10-18-13. Send resume and cover letter to Resumes@mnn.org. In your cover letter, please address the following: 1) Why are you interested in the Temporary Production Coordinator position? 2) What goals would you seek to achieve in this role?
Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. MNN will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis. No phone call, please.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.