City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Position Summary Responsible for providing data gathering, analysis, and mapping technical assistance for community-based planning, sustainability, and economic development projects. Reponsible for creating professional- quality maps and data visualizations.
- Utilize ArcGIS, web mapping tools and graphic design software to deliver high quality data collection, data analysis, and graphic illustration of data with a focus on community planning, sustainability and economic development data analysis.
- Create spatial data from various tabular sources including U.S. Census data and NYC Open Data. Design professional quality maps using ArcGIS and coordinate the visualization of data in Policy and Planning reports.
- Contribute research and expert opinion on acquisition of secondary resources, software and hardware that support planning and policy work applicable to GIS analysis.
- Manage Pratt Center's spatial data library.
- Coordinate all data and mapping-related tasks with senior staff.
- Assist staff planners and specialists in providing community planning outreach, materials design, and implementation for community planning, sustainability and economic development projects.
- Supervise and train interns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Master's degree in urban planning or equivalent is required.
Experience: At least two (2) years' professional experience in urban planning, with a focus on data gathering, analysis, and reporting. Community planning and outreach experience a plus/
Skills: Required skills include: data management, analysis, visualization; strong cartographic skills; project management; community outreach; strong written/oral communication and presentation skills. Must have expertise in ArcGIS; experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Other: Team player, sense of humor and mission driven mind-set desired.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
In order to be considered please submit a resume, a cover letter that includes salary history and expectations, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.
How TO APPLY:
Please apply Directly via Pratt website:
Founded in 1887, Pratt Institute is the second largest independent college of art, design, and architecture in the United States and the largest in the northeast, offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs in its schools of architecture, art and design, information and library science, and liberal arts and sciences. Pratt is located on 25 landscaped acres in the Clinton Hill section of Brooklyn and has a Manhattan campus in an eight-story renovated building on West 14th Street. Pratt offers 24 undergraduate degree programs and 26 master's degree programs.