City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Program Development Officer
Location: 50 E. 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452 Reports to:President The Program Development Officer is a newly established position responsible for the oversight of program development, superior implementation, and ongoing program upgrades and enhancements. The incumbent will provide authentic leadership in the planning, organization and consistent performance of an innovative, high quality portfolio of robust programs in affordable housing, early childhood and youth education, health, microenterprise training, and family support services.
• Designing comprehensive plans for program improvement, and directing/implementing those plans;
• Creating innovative tools to assess evolving programmatic needs;
• Developing and implementing new programs to address emerging community and programmatic demands;
• Professional, ongoing review and assessment of services offered;
• Skilled review of policy, research and fundraising landscapes, to ensure that programs stay most relevant to constituents’ evolving needs and concerns;
• Creating systems and frameworks that facilitate staff collaboration, with an emphasis on research, development and program staff;
• Networking and/or outreach to peer organizations, umbrella groups and government entities, to ensure WHEDco pursues all opportunities for optimal alliances and partnerships.
• Master’s degree in Urban Planning, Public Policy/Administration, Business/Economic Development, Health, or a related field.
• At least three years of experience with a community-based non-profit organization, or in a government position.
• General knowledge of urban planning principles and community development in underserved neighborhoods.
• Motivated, creative, and resourceful self-starter, who takes initiative and works well with minimal oversight.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability and willingness to write grants and make presentations.
• Collaborative team player with a sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills, and good judgment.
• Committed to engaging communities to address issues facing underserved families.
• Skilled in MS Office. Graphic design, website and/or GIS skills a plus.
How TO APPLY:
To respond, send a cover letter and resume to one of the following: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 718-839-1170 Mail: WHEDco, 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452 Attn: Human Resources
WHEDco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco), a Bronx-based nonprofit housing and community development organization, seeks a Program Development Officer. WHEDco has worked for over twenty years to build a more beautiful, equitable, and economically vibrant Bronx. We reach over 35,000 people annually through energy-efficient, healthy and affordable homes; early childhood education and youth development; home-based childcare microenterprise and food business incubation; family support services; and free arts programming. See www.whedco.org for more information.