City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Manhattan Community Board Six
Community Board Six has an important New York City Charter mandated advisory role in dealing with land use and zoning matters, city budget, municipal service delivery and many other items relating to the welfare of those who live, work and visit our district. CB6 represents the area on the east side of Manhattan from 14th to 59th Streets from Lexington Avenue to the East River. The Community Board staff, headed by the District Manager, assists the 50-member board in its duties. The Board works closely with city agencies, elected officials, businesses, community groups and residents on a wide range of issues. Job Description: The Community Associate works directly with the District Manager. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM, with evening hours about 10% of the time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responding to and resolving constituent service requests, working with government agencies, offices of elected officials, community organizations, residents & businesses
• Representing CB 6 at meetings, conducting community outreach, promoting government services, organizing events, providing summaries of key issues and recommendations
• Researching, developing and updating content for email newsletter, social media and website
• Working on projects that advance district service and quality of life goals, providing status reports and trend analysis
• Providing administrative support for Board members and the Board
• Setting up and coordinating meetings and events as approved by the DM and / or the Board
• College graduate: BA or BS degree
• Experience or demonstrated interest in government, public policy, and urban affairs
• Experience in research and / or community development
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent computer and web skills
• Experience with social media and collaboration tools
• Excellent organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Experience in working with community groups or small teams
Manhattan Community Board Six is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Salary: $40K +, with City benefits (dependent upon relevant experience) Start date: November 2013 Contact: Send resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "CB6 Community Associate Job Opening 2013."
How TO APPLY:
Send resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line "CB6 Community Associate Job Opening 2013."