City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Director of Community Treatment Services
NYC Dept of Health and Mental Hygiene
The Bureau of Mental Health is the Division of the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene ("DOHMH") responsible for mental health service delivery and planning for NYC residents with mental health needs. Contracting directly with NYC service providers, the Bureau is responsible for procuring and overseeing 700 treatment, rehabilitation, housing, case management, advocacy, and Assisted Outpatient Treatment programs with a total value of over $200 million. Bureau staff is responsible for managing the development, implementation, and oversight of ongoing and new contracted mental health programs. Through these contracts and through its policy, planning and advocacy work, the Bureau seeks to facilitate access and quality care and recovery for all New York City residents.
The Position: Reporting to the Assistant Commissioner for Mental Health, the Director of Community Treatment Services ("Director") will serve as the primary advisor for the Bureau on mental health treatment and health integration issues to senior and executive management, providers/medical community, and other government partners, including representing the Bureau at internal/external meetings and events. In addition, the Director will identify and disseminate best practices and innovations in mental health treatment for individuals living with mental illness, and respond to requests for information and assistance from consumers, providers, and the public on behalf of the Bureau of Mental Health. The Director oversees 3 offices with up to 13 professional program management and administrative staff. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of Article 31 of the NYS Mental Hygiene Law on the regulation and quality control of services for the mentally disabled and its mental health programs.
• Identify and disseminate best practices and innovation in care for all programs serving individuals with mental illness;
• Manage the review process through which the department comments on all Prior Approval Review (PAR) proposals submitted to OMH regarding changes in Article 31 outpatient mental health programs;
• Provide direct oversight of a portfolio of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Teams including technical assistance, quality assurance and compliance monitoring;
• Respond rapidly to requests for research and analysis on all related treatment programs for individuals living with mental illness from the Assistant Commissioner, Commissioner’s Office, and other Mental Health Bureau units;
• Provide leadership in the areas of health care integration across the behavioral health, primary care and medical systems including health information technology;
• Seek to reduce the incidence of depression and to increase the access to effective treatment for individuals with psychiatric disabilities in New York City;
• Oversee the collection and analysis of data to monitor program efficacy and inform future planning, as well as research to identify the ongoing needs of consumers;
• Provide leadership and oversight of the Department’s role in the implementation of Medicaid Managed Care Special Needs Plans and ongoing Medicaid reform in New York City;
• Work closely with the Assisted Outpatient Treatment program to ensure provider compliance and access to needed services for individuals living with serious mental illness;
• Liaise with the New York city inpatient and outpatient treatment systems on major system planning, policy oversight, and quality improvement issues including hospital discharge planning, treatment planning , and other service needs;
• Work directly with the New York State Office of Mental Health to ensure that mental health services in New York City are of the highest quality and efficacy;
• Coordinate data collection and performance reporting to Department leadership by closely integrating all efforts with the Department’s overall reporting requirements, including helping to establish and manage a streamlined process for tracking and reporting all data and indicators for internal and external review, including Monthly and Quarterly Performance Reports.
• BA degree from an accredited college
• Five years of recent experience in a health services setting (laboratory, hospital, or other patient care facility) or in a public health, environmental health, or mental hygiene program of which at least 18 months must have been in a managerial capacity
• Experience with program management, planning, allocation of resources, and the scheduling and assignment of work within a complex organizational structure
• Knowledge of mental health treatment services and delivery systems for individuals with mental illness
• Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
Salary commensurate with experience. For more information about the NYC DOHMH, please visit their website at www.nyc.gov/health
How TO APPLY:
The NYC DOHMH has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Jack Lusk, Managing Partner or Anne J. McCarthy, Senior Director Harris Rand Lusk 261 Madison Avenue, 11th Floor New York, NY 10016 DOHMH@harrisrand.com