City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Program Manager, Business Revitalization
- Community Outreach and Education Coordinator
- Senior Project Manager for Brownfield Development
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Lantern Community Services
The Facility Director is responsible for the administration, management and direction of permanent supportive housing and services for low- income, formerly homeless and disabled individuals and families. The Facility Director ensures that all tenants receive the highest level of supportive services care consistent with their individual needs and the program mission in a setting conducive to self-sufficiency enhancement. The Facility Director reports to the Senior Property Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Facilitate team meetings as needed; daily check-ins, weekly staff meetings, required staff trainings.
• Meet with social service staff on a consistent basis as it relates to leasing and compliance and residence management issues.
• Ensure that all required contract related reporting and documentation for program and tenants are appropriately recorded and submitted on a timely basis.
• Maintain program files in compliance with any external contract requirements and internal standards.
• Manage program budget in coordination with Fiscal Services Department.
• Represent residence at agency and/ or public meetings, as needed.
Leasing and Compliance Management
• Directly support residents with housing stability related responsibilities, such as use of rent payment drop box, collection of lease renewal income documentation, and collection of subsidy recertification documentation.
• Facilitate monthly meetings and regular communication between Leasing and Compliance and Program Staff regarding resident housing stability issues
• Provide legal follow-up for residents in arrears.
• Interview all prospective residents to ensure they are eligible and their needs can be met by staff and facilitate filling of vacancies.
• Welcome new residents and provide orientation including explanation of house rules and expectations.
• Maintain a residence atmosphere conductive to self-sufficiency enhancement by supervising security services to ensure applicable policies and procedures are followed.
• Assist in enforcing rules and regulations to ensure maintenance of a supportive residence atmosphere.
• Work in collaboration with Superintendent to ensure that tenants are supported in maintaining apartment conditions conducive to self-sufficiency enhancement.
• Monitor and review daily Superintendent maintenance of unit inspection log, work order log, extermination log, and key log, and other required output using SiteCompli data system.
• Make regular rounds to ensure that residents and areas are safe and secure.
• Assess the severity of incidents using incident reports written by security and make sure that the appropriate interventions have been implemented. Submit serious incidents to agency Incident Review Committee for review and feedback.
• Supervise and coordinate facility safety and security for the building with assistance from Senior Property Manager.
• Provide emergency intervention and summon medical assistance when necessary.
• Maintain status as Fire Safety Director. Ensure building fire codes are met and staff and tenants are prepared for emergencies.
• Ensure periodic home inspections are conducted to assess tenant needs for life skills training and other direct services.
• Program management performance will be assessed using results of internal dry audits, external audits, ETO data quality reports, and ETO participant outcomes reports.
• Leasing and Compliance management performance will be assessed according to the property vacancy rate, tenant rent collection rate, subsidy rent collection rate, fulfillment of ongoing regulatory reporting requirements, and the percentage of tenants 30+ days in arrears in the legal process.
• Residence management performance will be assessed according to the number of building violations, the timeliness of responses to violations, adherence to work order procedure, adherence to unit inspection policy, and performance on external audits.
• Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
Experience and Skills
• 3-5 years experience working with homeless and/or low-income populations.
• 3-5 years experience working in property management, leasing, and real-estate roles.
• Demonstrated ability to fill a multi- function role in a multi-function organization.
• Strong management and organizational skills
• Ability to operate independently
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of financial terms and principles.
• Demonstrated use of applications to include but not limited to Excel and Word.
How TO APPLY:
Please email resume with cover letter to: email@example.com with "Facility Director" in the subject line of your message. No phone calls or faxes, please.
Note: Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for LCS to perform a criminal background check. Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment