City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Call Center Representative/Data Specialist
Center for New York City Neighborhoods
CNYCN is a subcontractor to the New York City's Build It Back (BIB) housing recovery program providing counseling services to homeowners and renters who need assistance as they navigate the process of recovering from Hurricane Sandy related damage and displacement. The New York City Build It Back program is funded with HUD Community Development Block Grants for Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR). The duration of the position is up to 24 months.
CNYCN was created in 2008 to address local repercussions of the national foreclosure crisis. Through legal services, housing counseling, consumer education and direct homeowner assistance, CNYCN promotes and protects affordable and sustainable homeownership in New York City, focusing on those neighborhoods hardest hit by foreclosure. Last winter, CNYCN launched innovative new programs to provide relief to homeowners affected by Hurricane Sandy and is partnering with public and private partners to ensure residents and communities have the resources to recover and rebuild.
In February of 2009, CNYCN began operating its own Call Center, which currently employs two operators. In conjunction with New York City's 311 service line, the Call Center serves all NYC borrowers at risk of losing their homes to foreclosure. Callers to 311 are immediately connected to CNYCN, where the operators perform a brief intake and screening before referring the caller to a local nonprofit that can assist them. CNYCN currently refers to 70 organizations within New York City, and an additional 90 organizations regionally. Call Center operators also initiate calls to homeowners who are identified as having received a notice of foreclosure from the courts. In these outreach calls, operators encourage homeowners to accept counseling resources and support offered by CNYCN's network. Finally, Call Center operators help assemble mailings and to hundreds of homeowners monthly who have received notices of foreclosure. These mailings are designed to encourage homeowners to call 311 and seek support.
The CCR will be responsible for connecting NYC homeowners affected by Super Storm Sandy with Housing Counseling and Legal Service providers in the New York City area. The CCR will also be responsible collecting and reporting prescribed homeowner data to BIB stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
• Perform research for homeowners contact information. The CCR will be required to
• Collect data from callers to determine the appropriate referral destinations.
• Provide brief guidance to callers preparing them to meet with housing counselors or legal service providers.
• CCR will ensure a smooth hand-off between callers and service providers. On outreach calls, CCR will research contact information and place calls to attempt to engage affected homeowners in seeking support.
• Prepare various monthly reports using the Call Center and BIB Client Management System data to be distributed to the Center’s various stakeholders.
• Strong overall verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well with the public and fellow staff members.
• Excellent customer service skills, patience and friendliness.
• Ability to organize workload efficiently.
• Proficiency working in a MS Windows environment; working knowledge of the MS Office suite.
• Computer data entry skills required.
• Advanced skills in MS Excel are preferred.
• Prior call center experience is preferred.
• Possess exemplary organizational skills with an ability to set priorities and manage complex systems in a conscientious and meticulous manner.
• Be a self-starter; able to handle deadlines and multiple tasks with efficiency and graciousness.
• Exhibit exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Turn problems into opportunities for learning and enhance relationships for productivity;
• Work at a high level of intensity where the work day often exceeds 8 hours;
• Educate by example and help build capacity within the program
How TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and resume to CNYCNHR@cnycn.org. Please note “BIB Call Center Rep” in the subject line. CNYCN will conduct a criminal background check for all finalist candidates.