City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Accounts Payable Supervisor
YMCA of Greater New York
The YMCA of Greater New York is the largest youth-service organization in NYC. The organization has grown to encompass 21 branches and more than 140 sites throughout the five boroughs of New York City in addition to three camp sites and an upstate conference center.
The YMCA of Greater New York reaches half a million New Yorkers through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We are seeking a qualified who will oversee the Accounts Payable functions, Vendor Qualification process and Preferred Vendor program. In addition, the Accounts Payable Supervisor will provide support to the Cash Management function.
• Responsible for meeting month end and year end deadlines, completing month-end close of Inventory, Purchasing and Accounts Payable sub-systems.
• Set up records for new suppliers and maintain current data base ensuring duplication does not occur, correct pay groups are assigned, addresses are current, and suppliers are marked for 1099s if applicable.
• Work with branches and Association Office staff on clearing all open purchase orders and PO’s received but not invoiced. Resolve invoice “On Hold” issues.
• Reconcile monthly the AP Aging to the Trial Balance.
• Ensure all W-9s received from suppliers are scanned and attached to the supplier record. Obtain a W-9 for all suppliers. Ensure that payments are not made to 1099 vendors without a W-9 on file.
• Create and file with IRS 1099’s each year.
• Oversee Vendor Qualification process to ensure that suppliers are selected upon meeting qualification standards. Maintain Vendor Search database and communicate information to staff.
• Oversee Preferred Vendor program. Perform supplier analysis on-going and ad-hoc utilizing BI Analytics and Excel with a creative and analytical approach.
• Work closely with branches, Accounts Payable and suppliers to ensure all needs are met.
• Responsible for the daily Cash Spreadsheet in Excel and reports run from bank web-site. Determine necessary bank transfers for the day and initiate inter-bank transfers as well as intra-bank wires and transfers such that balances are optimized.
• Responsible for supervising and providing training to the Accounts Payable staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
• Three to five years of accounts payable/purchasing experience; preferably in a supervisory role.
• Knowledge of GAAP is necessary.
• Proven ability to be proactive with excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and database spreadsheets; experience with Oracle a plus.
How TO APPLY:
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter, resume and salary requirement with subject line “AP Supervisor” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to: YMCA of Greater New York Attn.: Human Resources Department – 6th Floor 5 West 63rd Street New York, NY 10023
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUGFREE WORKPLACE