City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Manhattan Neighborhood Network
MNN is seeking a Daytime Receptionist to join the team at our 59th Street facility. The Receptionist is the first contact with the public and plays an important role in developing relationships with neighborhood residents and the general public. The Receptionist reports to the Business Manager.
• Greet and log in visitors into the facility
• Announce and direct visitors and producers to appropriate departments
• Handle incoming phone calls and transfer calls to appropriate extension
• Respond to wide ranging inquiries from the public, i.e., in-person, phone and email
• Prepare outgoing mailings, postage, photocopying, faxing, data entry, and word processing
• Receive, send and/or track mail and courier activities and sort for staff
• Inventory, order, and maintain office supplies as needed
• Provide administrative assistance and secretarial support to MNN staff and managers
• Oversee general appearance of lobby area; keep organized and current with information about MNN events
• Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma
• At least 2 years experience in operating professional office systems, including but not limited to computers, telephone systems, calculators, copiers and facsimile machines
• Proficiency in Microsoft office programs
Other Job Requirements:
• Experienced in working with the public; energetic and friendly orientation
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a highly collaborative team
• Demonstrated ability to handle clerical duties while attending to phones and visitors
• Good judgment and discretion to represent MNN in a highly professional manner
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
How TO APPLY:
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits To Apply: Application deadline is November 29, 2013. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Subject line must indicate Receptionist Day. Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. MNN will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.