City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Manhattan Neighborhood Network
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is seeking a Receptionist to join the team. Reception is the first contact with the public and plays an important role in developing relationships with neighborhood residents and the general public. The Receptionist reports to the Business Manager.
• Greet and log in visitors into the facility.
• Announce and direct visitors, vendors and producers to appropriate departments.
• Handle incoming phone calls and transfer calls to appropriate extensions.
• Respond to phone and in person inquiries from the public.
• Prepare outgoing mailings, photocopying, faxing, data entry, and word processing.
• Receive mail and courier deliveries and sort for staff.
• Receive and send outgoing mail.
• Provide administrative assistance and secretarial support to MNN staff and Managers.
• Oversee general appearance of lobby area.
• Ensure all non-staff members exit the facility by 12am.
• Check the entire facility prior to closing, ensure all staff has left and the building is secure.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma
• At least 2 years experience in a professional office
• Proficiency in Microsoft office programs
• Excellent skills in operating standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, calculators, copiers and facsimile machines
• Experienced with data entry processes and procedures.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Demonstrated interest in working with the public; energetic and friendly attitude.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a highly collaborative team
• Demonstrated ability to handle clerical duties while attending to phones and visitors
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to work evening hours
How TO APPLY:
COMPENSATION: Entry-Level position, salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover to firstname.lastname@example.org or MNN – Human Resources, 537 West 59th Street, New York, New York 10019. Application Deadline is November 29, 2013. Subject line must indicate Receptionist Evening. Due to the volume of applicants, we may be unable to respond individually to each candidate. We will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis. No Phone Calls, Please.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.