City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Assist Director, Events and Manager, Events with preparation for and execution of all fundraising and program-related events. Specific duties include:
Coordinate recruitment and training of 100+ volunteers for each major event, and provide on-site direction. Maintain ongoing relationships with volunteer base.
Assist with preparation of event-related mailings.
Enter event-related contact information and updates into the Raiser's Edge database.
Track RSVP's and ticket sales for events.
Coordinate the preparation and mailing of event-related thank you letters.
Assist with the training of department interns.
Provide general administrative support for all event-related activities.
Organize supplies and research event-related products and services as needed.
Attend all Development events and provide staff support (including 8 or more evenings per year).
• Minimum of two years working in the non-profit sector, with experience in fundraising and event planning preferred.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Very strong written and oral communication skills, with proofreading ability a must.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
• Outgoing and professional demeanor for interacting with a wide range of individuals, from CEO-level donors to student volunteers.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook required; Raiser’s Edge proficiency preferred.
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical insurance, 401K plan, and liberal vacation policy.
How TO APPLY:
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.
Her Justice is an equal opportunity employer
About Her Justice: Her Justice is a nonprofit organization that provides free legal services in family, divorce, and immigration law to low-income women living in New York City. Founded in 1993, Her Justice recruits volunteer attorneys from the City’s law firms to stand side-by-side with women who cannot afford to pay for a lawyer, giving them a real chance to obtain legal protections that transform their lives. We believe that all women with urgent safety and financial needs deserve legal representation. Visit our web site for more information: www.herjustice.org. Her Justice hosts 8 - 12 events per year, with our largest fundraisers being our Annual Photography Auction & Benefit and our Story by Story© stair climb which raised over $2.8 million in 2013.