City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
After School Group Leader
Location: Bronx, NY Reports to: Director of Education and Youth Development
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Director of Education and Youth Development and Program Assistants, the Classroom Leader will supervise a group of 20-25 students as they participate in all After School program activities.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Director of Education and Youth Development, and working in conjunction with other staff, the Group Leader will:
• Supervise assigned group of students during After School program hours
• Maintain attendance log for assigned group
• Maintain Observation and Incidents logs for group
• Assist students with homework during scheduled homework period
• Encourage and lead projects that foster academic, cultural and artistic growth
• Assist in the planning and implementation of special events
• Attend all required staff/planning meetings
• Take on special assignments which pertain to the goals and objectives of the After School program
• Minimum of two years professional experience working with children in a classroom, after school, or community based environment leading/organizing arts activities. Substantial volunteer work will be considered.
• Demonstrated interest in the field of education, child development or literacy
• Familiarity with literacy and whole language teaching methodology desirable
• Able to work Monday-Friday, from 2:15-5:15 PM
• Well organized, able to work both independently and collaboratively
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
• Current, active college enrollment or college degree preferred
• Previous work experience in low-income communities
How TO APPLY:
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience. WHEDco is an equal opportunity employer.
To respond, send a cover letter and resume to one of the following: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: WHEDco, 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452 Attn: Director of Education and Youth Development
No phone calls, please.
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco), a Bronx-based nonprofit housing and community development organization, seeks an After School Group Leader to join its Education and Youth Development Department. WHEDco has worked for over twenty years to build a more beautiful, equitable, and economically vibrant Bronx. We reach over 35,000 people annually through energy-efficient, healthy and affordable homes; early childhood education and youth development; home-based childcare microenterprise and food business incubation; family support services; and free arts programming. See www.whedco.org for more information.