City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Sustainability and Social Change Manager
Location: 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY, 10452 Reports to: Director of Housing Development
• Monitor existing, and pursue new capital improvement projects to enhance energy efficiency sustainability, and resiliency in our buildings.
• Introduce and maintain tenants’ long-term engagement in activities, enhancing life quality and energy savings.
• Improve the viability of the urban farm, and increase its impact on the residents, and the community at large.
• Initiate changes in building maintenance practices to improve operating expenses.
• Research best practices to help design effective projects.
• Initiate partnerships with other organizations that complement our work and goals.
• A team member on all housing and community development projects.
• Masters in Urban Planning or similar field such as business, or political science.
• Effective project manager – meticulous, decisive, and creative.
• At least 3 years previous experience in relevant work.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Self-motivated and inventive, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and pay attention to details.
• An avid team player.
• Highly proficient in Excel, and excellent computer skills.
• Knowledge in sustainability and energy efficiency policies, regulations, compliance requirements, and project financing options are an advantage.
• Experience in community organizing, project management, and sustainability related activities are a significant advantage.
How TO APPLY:
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience.
To respond, send a cover letter and resume to one of the following: Email: email@example.com Fax: 718-839-1172 Mail: WHEDco, 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452 Attn: Director of Housing Development
WHEDco: The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a Bronx-based nonprofit housing and community development organization. WHEDco has worked for over twenty years to build a more beautiful, equitable, and economically vibrant Bronx. We reach over 35,000 people annually through energy-efficient, healthy and affordable homes; early childhood education and youth development; home-based childcare microenterprise and food business incubation; family support services; and free arts programming. See www.whedco.org for more information.
WHEDco is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.