City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
We're looking for a Campaign Organizer to be an integral member of our staff. You'll have the opportunity to forge real progress on growing, mainstreaming, and protecting the new labor movement while defining Freelancers Union as a new economy organization.
What you'd have to do:
Design campaign strategies and tactics
Coordinate with Freelancers Union members
Implement all aspects of our campaigns
Work collaboratively with our top-notch, in-house team
• A very strong writer for popular audiences (especially action alerts) with a clear sense of your own voice
• Smart about organizing campaigns that attract press coverage
• A very fast learner, able to quickly synthesize information about new topics
• A creative storyteller and weaver of narrative
• Comfortable moving between the head space and the heart space; you may work on an economic policy report and with an artist in the same day
• Adept at figuring out creative ways of using technology to make good things happen
• Curious about testing new uses of technology and using metrics to drive your work
• Totally proficient in Word, Google apps, and data analysis using Excel
• Ideally, somewhat experienced with HTML and databases
• Able to think of creative, new ways to get a message across
• A good organizer; understands and connects with grassroots activists and trusts members to do good, creative work
• Able to integrate online communications and organizing with on-the-ground organizing, mobilization, and events
• Skilled at combining various tactics and managing the tempo of a campaign to keep the momentum building
• Past experience managing campaigns from beginning to end.
• Social media organizing experience is strongly preferred.
• Able to work very closely with other members of the team, but also able to manage your work independently
• Flexible, a keen problem solver, and absolutely driven to grow and protect Freelancers Union’s mission
• Willing to do what it takes to bring a project to fruition. Low ego, high focus on getting stuff done.
• 8+ years of campaigning experience with a strong focus on online and the digital space
• 8+ years of experience working in social innovation, social change and/or political organizing
• Management experience leading a team
• Excellent communication skills with a track record of effective online campaigning and organizing
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment and in complex organizations
• Proven presence as a thought-leader and the ability to serve as an external representative
How TO APPLY:
To apply: If you’re interested in joining our team of entrepreneurial pioneers, please email your resume, writing samples, and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Sorry, but we won’t consider resumes that don’t include both a cover letter and salary requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Freelancers Union is building a new economy for the new workforce. A national membership organization serving and connecting the nation’s 42 million independent workers, we’re a social- purpose enterprise built to sustainably serve generations to come.
We believe all workers should have the freedom to build meaningful, connected, entrepreneurial, and independent lives. We’re driving a movement by working with freelancers to build power in markets and in politics. And we are builders first – collaborative, friendly, open-minded, adaptable, creative, and action-oriented. We’re looking for people who share our passion. We work in a fast- paced and fun environment, and we’re constantly exploring interesting new ideas.