City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Associate Director of Programs
Goddard Riverside Community Center
Goddard Riverside Community Center (GRCC), a well-established Manhattan community based agency with an annual operating budget of $27 million, seeks a highly qualified individual to oversee several major areas of the Agency's program operations. GRCC is one of New York City's leading human service organizations meeting the basic needs of children, youth and families, homeless people, and older adults through 26 programs at 21 sites on the Upper West Side and Harlem.
• Oversee a range of youth education programs from preschool to college and postsecondary choice.
• Direct the Bernie Wohl Center which houses a range of family and community programs.
• Supervise the work of Program Directors through regular individual and group meetings; coach and mentor managers and leaders to develop professionally in support of organizational goals.
• Partner with Program Directors to design and develop new initiatives, policies and procedures within and beyond the Department; seek areas of integration and shared programming or resources across the agency to better serve our communities.
• Write proposals for public and private funding in collaboration with the Program Directors and the Development office.
• Work with Program Directors and Fiscal Office to manage all programmatic budgets; likewise support Program Directors on Human Resource issues in partnership with the HR Department.
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting for all contractual obligations.
• Monitor evaluations, data and outcomes to support quality and accountability in all programs; support a culture of inquiry, community input, and reflection for continuous improvement.
• Develop and maintain external relationships within the field in support of community needs and Goddard Riverside programs and initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other programs, partner with colleagues within the Agency and externally as well.
• Be part of a senior management team and work directly with Executive Director in addressing macro-organizational issues.
• Occasionally spearhead and manage special projects and additional tasks as determined by the Executive Director.
• Master’s Degree in education, social work, public health, public policy, or a related field preferred; Bachelor’s and significant experience may substitute
• At least 10 years experience in human service or settlement house settings, with at least 7 years supervising managers, teams, programs or projects; strong leadership as well as management skills
• Ability and desire to coach, mentor and develop talent within the organization
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; public speaking required; experience with grant writing and reporting required
• Experience with data tracking, outcomes measurement, and quality assurance preferred
• An understanding of social policies having an impact on our communities; cultural competence within diverse settings and communities; and willingness to engage in community advocacy on behalf of the agency and the communities we serve and to support the agency to work toward just social policies locally and beyond.
• Ability to work well with others and commitment to excellence expected
• Entrepreneurial spirit and sense of humor welcome.
How TO APPLY:
Send cover letter with salary requirements, resume and writing sample to email@example.com and include “Associate Director of Programs” in the subject line.