City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Policy Associate for Health and Mental Health
Citizens Committee for New York City
We seek a full time Policy Associate for the Health and Mental Health portfolio.
Job responsibilities center on the three components of our work: fact-finding, community education and advocacy. This will include analyzing the impact of health and mental health polices, budgets and legislation on children and youth; testiing at city and state legislative hearings; meeting with elected and appointed government officials; participating in coalitions with colleagues; analyzing existing government data sources; and developing and administering qualitative survey instruments. The goal of this work is to ensure every New York child has access to high quality health and mental health services in a timely manner.
• Highly motivated self-starter with capacity to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment;
• Knowledge of federal, state and local government (e.g. state and city agency policies, budgetary and legislative processes, program and funding structures);
• In-depth knowledge of Medicaid, children’s health and mental health needs, and the programs, services and systems established to address them;
• Work experience in government, advocacy or policy research on topics related to children’s health and mental health; Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills...
Strong organizational, interpersonal, writing and communications skills.
• Master’s Degree or equivalent in related field of public health, public policy, social welfare, or law.
Requires minimum three years of related and/or applicable experience. Must have knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to children and families. Must reside in New York City.
How TO APPLY:
Please send resume, three references, a writing sample and salary history to: Lorraine Tate Executive Assistant Citizens’ Committee for Children of New York, Inc. 105 East 22nd Street, 7” Fl. New York, NY 10010 ltatecccnewyork.org
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefit package.
Citizens’ Committee for Children of New York, Inc. (CCC) is a 70 year-old non-profit, public interest child advocacy organization whose mission is to ensure that every New York child is healthy, housed, educated and safe. CCC’s work environment is dynamic and fast-paced. Our unique approach to child advocacy is fact-based and relies on partnerships between our professional staff and lay professional volunteers, who serve on CCC’s Board and Advocacy Council.