City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Policy Associate for Housing and Homelessness
Citizens Committee for New York City
We seek a full time Policy Associate for Housing and homelessness
Job responsibilities center on the three components of our work: fact-finding, community education and advocacy. This will include analyzing the impact of polices, budgets and legislation related to runaway homeless youth and homeless children and families. ResponsibiLities include testiing at city and state legislative hearings; meeting with elected and appointed government officials; participating in coalitions with colleagues; analyzing existing government data sources; and when appropriate developing and administering qualitative survey instruments. The goal of this work is to ensure every New York child has access to safe, stable, affordable housing.
• Highly motivated self-starter with capacity to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
• Work experience in government advocacy or academia on topics related to housing and youth or family homelessness.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local government (budgetary and legislative process, program and funding structures).
• Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, writing and communications skills.
• Ability to work with a diverse cross-section of New Yorkers including but not limited to lay volunteers, professionals in child serving fields, advocates, and elected and appointed officials.
• Master’s Degree or equivalent in related field of public policy, social welfare, or law.
Requires minimum three years of related and/or applicable experience. Must have knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to children and families. Must reside in New York City.
How TO APPLY:
Please send a resume, three references, a writing sample, and salary history to: Lorraine Tate Executive Assistant Citizens’ Committee for Children of New York, Inc. 105 East 22nd Street 7th Fl. New York, NY 10010 ltatecccnewyork.org
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefit package.
Citizens’ Committee for Children is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disabling condition.
Citizens’ Committee for Children of New York, tnc. (CCC) is a 70 year-old non-profit, public interest child advocacy organization whose mission is to ensure that every New York child is healthy, housed, educated and safe. CCC’s work environment is dynamic and fast-paced. Our unique approach to child advocacy is fact-based and relies on partnerships between professional staff and lay and professional volunteers, who serve on CCC’s Board and Advocacy Council.