City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Health and Wellness Coordinator
Lantern Community Services
The Health and Wellness Coordinator (HWC) is responsible for working with tenants towards comprehensive physical and emotional health and independence. By emphasizing recovery and wellness and using a client centered approach, the HWC will provide individual and group interventions to maximize personal growth, housing stability, and achievement of goals, while also building a respectful and positive community. This position will work as a member of an interdisciplinary team in supportive housing serving individuals with mental illness, substance abuse, HIV/AIDS and histories of homelessness. The HWC reports to the Program Director. This position is exempt.
• Develop and implement progressive programming (serving individuals and groups) aimed at ensuring all tenants have access to information and services based on best practices in the delivery of HIV/AIDS programming.
• Work closely with the tenant and social worker to provide services focusing on wellness and recovery, and support individualized service planning.
• Build partnerships and linkages with progressive and/or alternative community agencies that serve the needs of tenants.
• Facilitate smoking cessation programming and track outcomes.
• Train staff and serve as a program expert in provision of best practices and progressive services and programming related to recovery and wellness.
• Participate in weekly clinical case conferences, regular staff meetings, individual supervision and other meetings as required.
• Document all client work in confidential electronic records.
• Complete reports as directed by supervisor.
• Perform other job-related functions, as assigned
• Master’s Degree strongly preferred; Bachelor’s Degree with relevant experience serving populations impacted by substance abuse, mental illness, HIV/AIDS and homelessness required.
• Ability to work as a collaborative team member with a diverse population.
• Proactive problem solver willing and able to seek creative solutions in the interest of clients and building a strong and respectful community.
• Experience providing training to staff, facilitating groups and effectively engaging clients with multiple barriers to stability and independence.
• Minimum of 2 years experience providing direct service to one or more of the following populations: persons living with AIDS /HIV, formerly homeless and chronically homeless persons and families, young adults aged out of foster care, persons with mental illness, or persons in recovery from addiction.
How TO APPLY:
Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for LCS to perform a criminal background check.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Health and Wellness Coordinator - Rustin House" in the subject line of your message. No phone calls or faxes, please.
Lantern Community Services ("LCS") is the social service affiliate of Lantern Organization, a not- for-profit housing developer and service provider, established in 1997 to strengthen New York City communities by providing affordable housing and opportunities for personal development. LCS provides services to residents living in more than 1000 units of permanent affordable and supportive housing for low-income families and individuals living with special needs including mental illness, HIV/AIDS, as well as young adults aging out of foster care.