City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
New Media Specialist
32BJ SEIU, the largest property service union in the country, is seeking a nimble, focused and committed New Media Strategist to plan, create and drive a comprehensive social/new media program to strengthen communications in contract fights, organizing drives, legislative and political campaigns.
The new media strategist will be a key member of the union-wide communications team and will report to the Assistant to the President for Communications. The strategist will be responsible for drafting communications for key campaigns and will also be responsible for training communications staff in key social media platforms and skills.
• Develop and execute a union-wide new media communications strategy, including defining strategic objectives, with the Assistant to the President for Communications;
• Develop and coordinate calendar of online activity that taps into local and national news and union-wide priorities;
• Oversee and help drive new media work in all of the union’s geographies, including growing the union’s text and email lists and engaging members in the union’s program;
• Draft relevant content for union-wide new media platforms, ensure content is optimized for search engine indexing, and update daily;
• Identify targeted audiences for campaigns and work to cultivate online communities using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media;
• Track metrics, monitor relevant conversations and regularly assess and adjust program to maximize opportunities;
• Maintain message consistency across campaigns;
• Work to develop new media skills and capacity of geographically-assigned communicators;
• Work with website coordinator to implement and maintain search engine optimization strategy across platforms;
• Stay up to date and well-informed on new and emerging social/new media tools and services.
• Five to eight years of experience in communications or campaign management in labor, advocacy or related work;
• Experience in strategic communications planning and capacity building in large, multi- faceted organizations;
• Demonstrated experience as a project manager in a fast-paced, campaign-oriented work environment;
• Experience writing content for web and social media platforms. Should be a great writer, able to distill big ideas into lively social media copy;
• Experience developing or implementing search engine optimization protocols;
• Strong writing skills for print and online formats and ability to write quickly, clearly, concisely and creatively;
• Demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice, especially work with union members, low-wage and immigrant communities;
• Experience in developing training materials and templates and in conducting trainings on core communications skills;
• Ability to work independently, handle multiple priority projects and meet deadlines;
• Supervisory skills with demonstrated experience effectively managing and developing others;
• Demonstrated resourcefulness and flexibility in approach to project assignments and planning.
• Written and verbal Spanish language fluency, including ability to perform accurate written translations;
• Ability to travel on occasion.
How TO APPLY:
E-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
32BJ SEIU, the largest property service union in the country, is working to create good jobs for 150,000 workers in building, food, security and school services and for all working families. At the forefront of the fight for economic justice in eight states, 32BJ works to improve low-wage work and strengthen families and communities.