City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Assistant Director / Program Coordinator
Coalition for Hispanic Family Services
Innovative Community Based Organization Seeks Energetic, Committed, and Highly Experienced Individuals. SPANISH/BILINGUAL (PREFERRED). Exc. Benefits & Salary/EEO
Summary of Position: The Hope Gardens Community Center Assistant Director / Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting in all directorial responsibilities including supervision of program content and staff, staff training and development, reports and evaluations as well as co-teaching. The Assistant Director / Program Coordinator also functions as the site director, creatively and effectively managing all aspects of the community center programming, ensuring that administrative frameworks are in order, along with funder and community constituent benchmarks. The Assistant Director / Program Coordinator also serve as liaison between staff, NYCHA residents, and local community stakeholders. The Assistant Director / Program Coordinator should be someone with extensive administrative experience and an enthusiasm for working in the community.
Summary of Program: Hope Gardens is a Cornerstone Program Community Center located in Bushwick, Brooklyn. The program provides afterschool programming for children and teens, and adult evening services during the evenings and weekends. Programming focuses arts-based literacy education, creative arts, youth leadership, health, and movement-based activities for youth and adults. Program activities build leadership and literacy in the widest sense of the word through creative writing, the visual arts, drama, photography, video, music, yoga, creative movement/dance, and apprenticeships for high school students. The program engages the entire family through monthly family literacy workshops, parent organizing, and comprehensive services available through the agency's other programs.
The duties of the Hope Gardens Assistant Director / Program Coordinator are as follows:
• Primary responsibility of the afterschool programming
• Support teachers and Group Leaders in lesson plan development
• Direct supervision of staff and volunteers
• Facilitate communication between Director and community constituents
• Plan and supervise Out-of-School Time days and Summer Camp for children of various age ranges
• Responsible for the completion of all program reports and data in a timely manner
• Participate in weekly individual and/or group supervision meetings
• Develop a collaborative relationship with the New York City Housing Authority Staff
• Oversee processing and filing of NYC Dept. of Health and NYC Board of Education Permits
• Maintain relationships with the families in the program
• Oversee the admissions and registration process for children, youth, and adults
• Ensure enrollment complies with contracts
• Participate in agency wide events
• Generate and collaborate on a wide range of community projects and other special projects as needed
BA in professional content area, masters preferred. Minimum four years of experience in education educational management or policy. Comprehensive knowledge of the arts is helpful. A flexible schedule is required to work evenings and weekends. Bilingual-Spanish/Mandarin/French strongly desired. The candidate should also have experience working with children of various age ranges and adults; possess exceptional writing skills, ability to conceptualize and communicate ideas, possess outstanding organizational skills and interest in working with a team. Familiarity working with Latino, African American and Asian cultures is a plus.
How TO APPLY:
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter with salary and qualifications to:
Wanda Maldonado Director of Human Resources 315 Wyckoff Avenue, 4th Fl Brooklyn, NY 11237 F: 718-497-9495 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Coalition for Hispanic Family Services is a multi-service agency serving children and families of North Brooklyn and Queens. These include foster care, adoption, youth development, primary health care, mental health, HIV/AIDS case management, community health education and outreach, in-service internships and after school education.