City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Youth Services Program Director
Goodwill Industries of Greater NY & NNJ, Inc.
Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey is a leading provider of vocational, youth and community redevelopment services for people with special needs. With more than 70 programs in 30 sites throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Long Island and Northern New Jersey, our services extend a helping hand, and facilitate empowerment, self-help and service for more than 100,000 persons each year.
We are seeking a Program Director with previous supervisory/managerial experience in a child care/Youth Services setting to join our team. The candidate will be responsible for the oversight and management of the Program and for all staff and monthly reports. The candidate will manage and oversee the operation of all program activities, direct the recruitment of program participants, and facilitate contract, program, and fiscal compliance with Funding Agency as well as be responsible for the performance management of staff. Other essential functions include, but are not limited to:
Conducts outreach and consultation with other Community Based Organizations (CBO's) and social service agencies
Responsible for supervision of staff
Conducts monthly program meetings with staff, funding agency, school and community
Responsible for introductory and annual appraisals of staff
Evaluates staff that needs training in areas of their job function. Researches in conjunction with the Training department, affordable training programs to enhance personnel.
Attend all grant funders meetings
Scope of Responsibility & Positions Supervised:.
• Director has the ability to hire and terminate staff based on performance
• Manages total of 50-1300 participants activities in a school or community based setting
• Director is the liaison between the school and the Program and meets with the Principal on a frequent basis
• Creates and manages the Program Advisory Council
• Delegate jobs/tasks to staff as needed for the program to meet contractual requirements and maintenance of safety
• Following all program rules and regulations set forth by Goodwill Industries of Greater NY and Northern NJ and funding source
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
• Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university plus experience in education management and counseling.
• The ability to supervise co-workers to work in a team setting in a cohesive manner is absolutely necessary.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills important, as are leadership skills and flexibility.
• Bi-lingual Spanish preferred.
• CPR/First Aide certification desired.
• Compliance required for NYC Department of Health and NYC Department of Education hiring policies
How TO APPLY:
To apply, please visit https://www.irecruit- us.com/index.php? OrgID=I20120605&pg=listings&RequestID=528ce07e17c0a& ol=1&sl=7
Goodwill Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.