City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Deputy Director for School-Based Programs.
SCO Family of Services/ Center for Family Life
SCO is looking for a well-qualified Center for Family Life - Deputy Director for School-Based Programs.
Center for Family Life in Sunset Park Brooklyn, a nationally-recognized social service program of SCO Family Services, seeks a dynamic Deputy Director for School-Based Programs to join our senior leadership team in overseeing seven community-school programs. Our ideal candidate is a creative innovator with knowledge and experience in social group work, who deeply values community partnership and who will bring a passion for neighborhood-based work to enrich the lives of youth and families.
The Deputy Director will directly supervise our PS 503/PS 506 site, serving 2500 participants each year, in afterschool, summer day camp, counselor-in-training, and intergenerational programs, as well as community events. MINIMUM RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design and implement staff training, conduct individual supervision of key staff, and lead group departmental meetings;
• Collaborate with program supervisors and professional artists to design, implement, and evaluate literacy-enriched programming aligned to NYS Common Core learning standards;
• Serve as principal liaison, representing the agency with Department of Education school staff and all public and private funders;
• Manage multiple program budgets and contracts
• Track, review and analyze enrollment, attendance and outcome data
• Provide crisis intervention with onsite participants and make referrals, as necessary;
• Assist Center for Family Life co-directors with fundraising and development, advocacy, and strategic planning.
• Masters Degree in Social Services, Human Services or related field.
• Previous experience in managing school-based youth development and community-building programs, with prior experience as a Program Director.
• Five plus years supervisory experience in youth development and community-building programs.
• Experience with management of DYCD, OCFS, NYS Education Department, and Americorps programs.
• Must have excellent communication and writing skills.
• Must be detail-oriented and have excellent organizational skills.
• Bilingual Spanish-English or Chinese-English preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge about major culture groups and sensitivity to socioeconomic characteristics of the Sunset Park client populations.
• Skills in Microsoft Excel and Word software.
• Excellent benefit package, with competitive salary.
How TO APPLY:
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please send resume, cover letter, and desired salary to Julie Stein Brockway, LCSW at email@example.com or apply directly at www.sco.org. Please keep in mind that it is not possible for us to personally contact every candidate, but rest assured that your information will be reviewed and one of our hiring managers will contact you if you’re being considered for the position. SCO FAMILY OF SERVICES is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V