City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Contracts Budget Analyst
BTQ Financial is a fast-growing, dynamic and entrepreneurial company providing a full range of financial management services to not-for-profit agencies in New York City. By allowing clients to outsource their fiscal operations, BTQ improves the effectiveness and capacity of its mission-driven clients. Client organizations cover the full spectrum of the not-for profit world, with an emphasis on social and human services providers. BTQ prides itself on delivering to clients the extraordinary service that is both seamless and confidential.
The principal responsibility of the Contract and Budget Analyst is to manage the budgets of a group of government-funded contracts for clients of BTQ Financial. The position oversees our clients' contract budgets in the following areas: vouchering, variance analysis, reporting, budget modification, accounts receivable, general ledger reconciliation and audit preparation.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: FUNDING AGENCY
• Possess an understanding of federal, state and city funding and reporting regulations and guidelines
• Develop financial reports reflecting status of programs
• Assist with preparing budget modifications as necessary CLIENTS
• Possess an in-depth understanding of fiscal administration of our clients’ contract budgets with specific emphasis on monthly vouchers, variance reports, budget modifications and financial reports
• Assist Client Manager with scheduling and directing monthly meetings with clients
• Maintain excellent working relationships with BTQ clients and government funders; liaise with related BTQ departments
• Track and analyze contract budget spending and accounts receivable patterns FINANCIAL
• Maintenance of contract financial information including cash receipts, advances and accounts receivables.
• Assist in developing client’s annual budget
• Analyze and reconcile financial statements with contract vouchers, ensuring integrity of information within the General Ledger system.
• Participate in annual Financial Audit, preparing supporting documentation.
To be successful in this job an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required.
• Experience: 3 or more years of accounting, budgeting, financial and/or contract/grant management or analysis or related experience. Not-for-profit, foundation or government experience is a plus.
• Education: BS/BA in accounting, finance or a related field.
• Information Technology: Advanced knowledge with Excel, Access. Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Great Plains), or other accounting and reporting software required. Microsoft FRx or Forecaster is a plus. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
• Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Problem Solving: Strong problem-solving, analytical and organizational abilities. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information adroitly.
• Time Management: Successfully manage competing priorities.
• Quality Control: Accuracy and thoroughness with a critical eye for financial detail.
How TO APPLY:
BTQ Financial offers high quality, customized financial outsourcing services to meet the fiscal and accounting needs of nonprofit and complementary for-profit organizations. We achieve the highest industry standards of internal controls and transparency for financial operations, allowing our nonprofit clients to focus on their mission and delivery of services.