City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Director of Volunteer Services
Habitat for Humanity - NYC
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with other members of senior leadership team at Habitat for Humanity NYC, the Director of Volunteer Services provides the leadership to ensure one of the best experiences for volunteers in the city. Your job responsibilities will be as assigned by your supervisor and will include:
Communications and Database Management
• Develops systems and processes for volunteers to become engaged with the organization
• From time to time acts as the main point of contact for volunteer inquiries
• Develops and owns any online scheduling system, ensuring that all volunteers are recruited, trained and celebrated consistently and efficiently to meet the mission’s requirements Recruitment
• Develops recruitment programs and executes as appropriate
• Drafts Volunteer postings and job descriptions
• With the support of Marketing & Communications, develops Volunteer marketing strategies and campaigns
• Recruits, trains and manages the AmeriCorps program and its members – currently 17 members Training
• Works cross-enterprise to ensure that volunteers are provided with suitable and required training programs through the development of strategies, programs and execution of such when required Program Evaluation
• Analyze, anticipate and forecast volunteer needs through internal and external trending, and response to the organization’s strategy Reporting
• Prepares consolidated and meaningful reports for the leadership as required Event Planning and Recognition
• Ensures volunteer recognition opportunities strategies are developed and executed
• Owns volunteer awards as may arise The above outline of duties is not arranged in order of priority. These duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather describe minimum activities. These duties may be altered or amended from time to time by your supervisor to meet the needs of the organization.
How TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to BHomrighausen@habitatnyc.org with the “Director of Volunteer Services” in the subject line. This is a one year contract position to start at the end of March 2014.