City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Childcare Improvement Project Trainer
Job Summary: The Trainer will be responsible for conducting weekly/monthly training courses for home-based childcare providers including Legally Exempt, Licensed, Registered and Assistants whose goal is to meet the standards of quality care of children. As a member of the training team, you will assist to collaboratively manage the training; technical assistance and home visits to ensure informal childcare providers meet health and safety standards and establish professional, licensed childcare businesses. The Trainer will be responsible for researching and maintaining up-to-date understanding of government regulations and will collaborate with colleagues to successfully assist clients in navigating the licensing process.
• Conduct orientation sessions
• Prep and conduct trainings
• Issue training certificates to participants upon completion of required courses
• Manage case load of participants seeking to obtain childcare license
• Track and maintain files on each provider and input data into WHEDco CTS database system
• Make referrals to TA unit and other WHEDco resources
• Translate documents into Spanish when needed
• Assist in providing individual and group Technical Assistance workshops
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by Director of Childcare Provider Training & Development
• BA Required – Early Childhood
• Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) highly desirable
• Demonstrated early childhood / childcare training experience
• NAEYC Verified / Credentialed highly desirable
• Familiarity with home-based childcare provider population
• Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Research, etc.
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent, proven organizational ability and outstanding attention to detail
• Creative problem solving skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Ability and willingness to interact with a diverse group of people and establish positive and healthy working relationships
• Passion for WHEDco’s mission
How TO APPLY:
To respond, send a cover letter and resume to one of the following: Email: CIPT@whedco.org Mail: WHEDco, 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452 Attn: Director of CIP Training and Development
Location: 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452 Reports to: Director of CIP Training and Development The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco), a Bronx-based nonprofit housing and community development organization, seeks a Childcare Improvement Project Trainer to join its CIP Department. WHEDco has worked for over twenty years to build a more beautiful, equitable, and economically vibrant Bronx. We reach over 35,000 people annually through energy-efficient, healthy and affordable homes; early childhood education and youth development; home-based childcare microenterprise and food business incubation; family support services; and free arts programming. See www.whedco.org for more information. WHEDco is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.