City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Social Enterprise Associate
Location: 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452 Reports to: President
Job Summary: WHEDco seeks a highly-motivated team player with a commitment to WHEDco's mission to work closely with WHEDco's President and senior management team.
• Research and write reports, op-eds , articles and publicity materials on city planning and housing and community development issues for journals and other publications
• Create and deliver presentations on housing and community development issues
• Attend and coordinate WHEDco’s Board of Directors meetings
• Assist the President and General Counsel with advocacy and lobbying initiatives, including creation of public policy position papers and other written materials
• Work on WHEDco’s public relations and media efforts, including event and volunteer coordination
• Work with the President and the Development and Communications teams on special projects
• Master’s Degree in Urban Planning or a related field
• At least 3 years previous relevant work experience required, preferably in the non-profit sector
• Excellent writing skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience researching and writing position papers and/or writing for journals and other publications, creating presentations and marketing materials
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills
• Must be a self-starter, able to work independently with strong attention to detail
• Must be able to proactively multi-task and adapt to changing and competing needs
• Experience in MS Office and excellent computer skills, including excel and powerpoint
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and web-based software desirable
• Proven ability and/or demonstrated work experience in successfully maintaining confidentiality
• Creativity and a sense of humor
How TO APPLY:
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience. WHEDco is an equal opportunity employer.
To respond, send a cover letter and resume to one of the following: Email: ProgAssociate@whedco.org Fax: 718-839-1170 Mail: WHEDco, 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452 Attn: Human Resources No phone inquiries, please.
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco), a Bronx-based nonprofit housing and community development organization, seeks a Social Enterprise Associate. WHEDco has worked for over twenty years to build a more beautiful, equitable, and economically vibrant Bronx. We reach over 35,000 people annually through energy-efficient, healthy and affordable homes; early childhood education and youth development; home-based childcare microenterprise and food business incubation; family support services; and free arts programming. See www.whedco.org for more information. WHEDco is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.