City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
City University of New York
The CUNY IT Specialists Internship Program provides paid IT interns to approximately 12 New York City government agencies, including a large portion to New York City Department of Education schools. The program provides CUNY students who have technology skills with real-life work experience and at the same time helps the City's IT departments meet their technology goals. Through the program, about 500 students are employed each year in paid internship positions. The program is seeking an entrepreneurial, self-motivated, customer service-oriented individual with excellent project management skills to assume management of the project.
• Provide leadership to support the overall success of the CUNY IT Specialists Internship Program.
• Oversee and coordinate the intern recruitment and hiring process, including: -- market the program to students and faculty, including attending CUNY career fairs and reaching out to individual CUNY schools; -- screen candidates for open positions and refer students to hiring agencies; -- coach candidates on resume and interview skills; -- process New Hire Packages.
• Support the staffing requests of city agencies and schools;
• Manage budgets and prepare budget modifications;
• Enforce, monitor, and implement personnel policies and procedures;
• Act as liaison with CUNY Research Foundation on all personnel and payroll issues;
• Oversee project payroll and bi-weekly timesheet submission process;
• Maintain accurate project data;
• Supervise, recruit, hire, and evaluate project associate;
• Meet with the Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DOITT) as needed and prepare quarterly reports and other documentation as needed;
• Carry out other related responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 4+ years of experience in project management, workforce development, staffing, human resources, student affairs, sales, marketing, or operations.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple project deadlines simultaneously.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a customer-focused approach to working.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse populations in a fast-paced, high-volume, and complex work environment.
• Ability to think on one’s feet and quickly analyze and solve problems.
• An overall work style that reflects confidence, integrity, initiative, flexibility, and good judgment.
• Strong Excel skills and experience working with budgets.
• Familiarity with and knowledge of IT concepts and terminology a plus.
How TO APPLY:
Apply online at: https://www.rfcuny.org/hr/pvn/cgi-bin/show_job.asp?pvn=RMP-1065