City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Social Enterprise Associate
Job Summary: WHEDco seeks a highly-motivated team player with a commitment to WHEDco's mission to work closely with WHEDco's President and senior management team.
• Research and write reports, op-eds , articles and publicity materials on city planning and housing and community development issues for journals and other publications
• Create and deliver presentations on housing and community development issues
• Attend and coordinate WHEDco’s Board of Directors meetings
• Assist the President and General Counsel with advocacy and lobbying initiatives, including creation of public policy position papers and other written materials
• Work on WHEDco’s public relations and media efforts, including event and volunteer coordination
• Work with the President and the Development and Communications teams on special projects
• Master’s Degree in Urban Planning or a related field
• At least 3 years previous relevant work experience required, preferably in the non-profit sector
• Excellent writing skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience researching and writing position papers and/or writing for journals and other publications, creating presentations and marketing materials
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills
• Must be a self-starter, able to work independently with strong attention to detail
• Must be able to proactively multi-task and adapt to changing and competing needs
• Experience in MS Office and excellent computer skills, including excel and powerpoint
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and web-based software desirable
• Proven ability and/or demonstrated work experience in successfully maintaining confidentiality
• Creativity and a sense of humor
How TO APPLY:
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience. WHEDco is an equal opportunity employer.
To respond, send a cover letter and resume to one of the following: Email: ProgAssociate@whedco.org Fax: 718-839-1170 Mail: WHEDco, 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452 Attn: Human Resources No phone inquiries, please.