City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Project Manager, CUNY311 Project
- Communications Coordinator
- Program Manager, Business Revitalization
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Vice President of Social Enterprise Operations
Location: 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452 Reports to: President
The Women's Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco, www.whedco.org), a Bronx-based nonprofit housing and community development organization, is seeking an exceptional Vice President of Social Enterprise Operations to join its Executive Management Team.
Summary of Job Duties: Responsible for the operations and related fiscal management of WHEDco and its affiliated social enterprises, including affordable housing properties, a cultural institution, and a commercial kitchen incubator. Participate, as a member of Executive Management, in the development and execution of the organization's overall financial, programmatic and strategic planning.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Oversee all activities associated with the effective operations of the organization at its multiple sites and affiliated social ventures, including information technology, building and office management, purchasing and other systems.
• Investigate and implement operations innovations that will further the organization’s goal of high quality and efficient operations that have a positive impact on the organization’s financial bottom line.
• Develop organizational financial projections and social enterprise business investment strategies, and position the organization for social impact investing.
• Oversee and direct management agent at affiliated housing properties.
• Demonstrated leadership ability, and the ability to work collaboratively as part of an executive management team.
• A minimum of 10 years of related experience required, preferably in nonprofit affordable housing and/or a community-based organization.
• An entrepreneurial self-starter with exceptional communication and interpretive skill.
• Proven ability to perform complex analysis of financial data, including the assessment of financially-related business capabilities, identification of gaps, and ensuring that finances reflect the big ideas and the bottom line.
• Experience researching and writing.
How TO APPLY:
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience.
To respond, send a cover letter and resume to: VPO@whedco.org
WHEDco is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.