City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Family Dynamics Family Counselor
- Legislative/Policy Director (Full Time Position)
- Campaigns Director (Full Time Position)
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Business and Financial Analyst
Public Health Solutions
Public Health Solutions is a nonprofit organization that develops, implements and advocates dynamic solutions to prevent disease and improve community health. We conduct comprehensive research providing insight on public health issues, create and manage community health programs, and provide services to organizations to address public health challenges.
Programs of Public Health Solutions address critical public health needs such as maternal and child health, nutrition, access to health insurance, HIV prevention and care, and tobacco prevention use. For government agencies, nonprofit organizations and others, Public Health Solutions provides services to enable them to enhance their effectiveness and strengthen their capacity to have an impact and efficiently manage funds.
Position Description: The Public Health Programs Division within Public Health Solutions is seeking a Business and Financial Analyst. The main function of the position is to provide business and financial analysis for the Division of Public Health Programs and to support the division in maximizing current businesses and creating new business opportunities, including, social innovation investments, fee for service activities and other innovative financing strategies to support public health improvements, in addition to developing and managing budgets for Public Health Programs Division projects and grants.
• Support Division leadership and managers by creating clear and compelling business plans and financial modeling for current and new business strategies to facilitate decision making by senior leadership.
• Evaluate current business practices and make recommendations for improvement
• Develop and maintain, in collaboration with PHS Fiscal, budgets and financial management tools for each current program that will assist in high-level decision making.
• Support grant writing and other development activities to create business models and appropriate budgets.
• Create innovative business models (eg social innovation bonds) that maximize financial support for each potential program.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Education Level required: BA/BS in business or finance related field; MBA preferred.
• Ability to create sophisticated business models using Excel or other widely-used software.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including use of Microsoft Office
• Expertise in developing and managing budgets for health care and social services required.
• Knowledge of business and financial modeling required
• Knowledge of health care reimbursement strongly preferred
How TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, visit our website at www.healthsolutions.org or click below:
We accept online applications only. Public Health Solutions is an EOE.