City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- SW - Scattered Site (LI) Social Worker
- Analyst (Community Coordinator)
- RESEARCH SCIENTIST // City Research Scientist II
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Housing and Community Development Manager
Location: 50 East 168th Street Reports to: Housing and Community Development Directors WHEDco is seeking a dynamic and creative Housing and Community Development Manager to nurture the collaboration between the Housing and Community Development Departments, and support the interactions with the community directly and indirectly affected by WHEDco. In particular, the Housing and Community Development Manager will lead our efforts to integrate sound business practices into key building and neighborhood initiatives.
• Food & Buildings o Commercial Kitchen Incubator: Build viable business operation that incorporates sustainability in programming and operations, and deliver technical assistance to help food entrepreneurs and Green Cart vendors thrive.
o Bronx Commons Marketplace: Help develop vibrant marketplace in Bronx Commons (WHEDco’s new development in Melrose) to offer quality, healthy and affordable food access in underserved South Bronx neighborhood. Involvement will span initial phase of business plan development, through financing, construction and operation.
o Urban Farm, Community Areas, and Commercial Spaces: Work closely with our team to improve programing and financial viability of the urban farm, community and commercial spaces in our buildings, and make sure that our ideas and projects can be applied to new initiatives.
• Healthy Neighborhoods: Engage in identifying and develop action plans to address needs and opportunities to promote quality life in the neighborhoods in which we operate. Build relationships with area residents, CBOs, and businesses to ensure smooth construction of Bronx Commons. Participate in efforts to create healthier buildings and neighborhoods, including an organization-wide health policy, marketing and re-branding.
• Minimum of BA degree or comparable experience in business, real estate development/finance, urban planning, or community development.
• At least 3 years of project management experience.
• Familiarity with the Bronx a plus.
• Commitment to the issues facing low-income families.
• Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills. Foreign language proficiency a plus.
• Independent, self-motivated and creative, yet very organized.
• A team player, flexible, and able to multi-task.
• Sense of humor and perspective.
How TO APPLY:
To respond, send a cover letter and resume to one of the following: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: WHEDco, 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452 Attn: Orly Gilat
WHEDco, a Bronx-based nonprofit housing and community development organization, has worked for over twenty years to build a more beautiful, equitable, and economically vibrant Bronx. We reach over 35,000 people annually through energy-efficient, healthy and affordable homes; early childhood education and youth development; home-based childcare microenterprise and food business incubation; family support services; and free arts programming. See www.whedco.org for more information. WHEDco is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience.