City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Project HOME Director
New Destiny Housing Corporation
New Destiny Housing Corporation, a New York City not-for-profit that provides housing and services to low-income domestic violence survivors and others at risk of homelessness, seeks a full-time director for Project HOME—a new program to be launched in 2014. Project HOME will link domestic violence survivors at 3 Family Justice Centers (FJCs) with apartments in low-income tax credit (LIHTC) housing and other affordable housing and provide services to empower them to retain permanent housing. It will also provide information and skill-building workshops to FJC clients to increase their ability to obtain housing.
The qualified candidate will report directly to the HousingLink Director and have the following responsibilities:
(1) Manage day-to-day program operation to meet program goals, oversee individual case progress, and supervise program staff consisting of at least one Housing Support Coordinator.
(2) Establish partnerships and protocols with landlords and FJC partner staff to identify and pre-screen appropriate candidates and facilitate linkages to affordable housing
(3) Communicate regularly with FJC staff, property owners/managers and other program partners, supporters and stakeholders to coordinate program operations, advance program goals and nurture partner relationships.
(4) Collaborate/advocate with partners and stakeholders to problem solve individual cases and broader program issues.
(5) Design tools to track program data, manage program information and produce regular program reports for Executive Director, Board of Directors, funders and program partners. (6) Work with program staff and independent evaluator to conduct 3-year program evaluation.
(7) Work with HousingLink Director to plan for program expansion and to adapt program to new opportunities and challenges.
Qualifications: Master’s degree in Community Development, Real Estate Finance or a related field, a minimum of 2 years work experience in community organizing, program management, and/or affordable housing are required. The abilities to negotiate, prioritize goals, and bring together parties with different perspectives around a common goal are essential. Knowledge of public benefits, including housing subsidies and public assistance, is critical as are supervision experience with supervision and program evaluation are desirable. Other requirements include excellent speaking and writing skills, excellent judgment and professionalism, tenacity and commitment, and the ability to work independently and take initiative. New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and trans-gendered people are encouraged to apply. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Email resume and cover letter to New Destiny at email@example.com including “Project HOME Director” in the subject line.
How TO APPLY:
firstname.lastname@example.org including “Project HOME Director” in the subject line.