City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
- COORDINATOR - JOB PLACEMENT PROGRAM
- RFP for Expert GIS Technology Consultant
- Communications - Copywriter / Graphic Designer
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Chief Code Architect
NYC Department of Buildings
DEPARTMENT OF BUILDINGS Job Posting Notice # of Positions: 1 Job ID: 128836 Business Title: Chief Code Architect Civil Service Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ARCHITECT Title Code No: 10004 Level: M2 Job Category: Engineering, Architecture, & Planning Career Level: Executive Proposed Salary Range: $ 54,740.00 - $146,276.00 (Annual) Work Location: 280 Broadway, 7th Floor, N.Y. Division/Work Unit: Ad Exc Tech Affairs & Code Dev Job Description The Chief Code Architect will report to the Assistant Commissioner of Technical Affairs and Code Development and will serve as the principal code resource to the Department of Buildings.
1. Responsible for the Technical Affairs and the Code Development units in the development of cyclical code revisions including the review of proposed changes to update the NYC Construction Codes based on recently published International Codes and the Electrical Code, and consolidation of existing construction codes 2. Responsible for the Sustainability unit in the development of Energy Code revision and the implementation of the codes. 3. Analyzing issues and conducting research related to code development analyses 4. Assisting with outreach efforts and to facilitate communication with community and other organizations. 5. Representing the Department at public and private meetings relating to code development matters. 6. Analyzing issues and conducting research related to code development and environmental analyses. 7. Streamlining and redesigning processes to facilitate Departmental goals. 8. Serving as a technical expert to the department in complex interpretations of the construction codes, zoning resolution and multiple dwelling law. 9. Writing and reviewing draft legislation and/or rules for inclusion in new and amendments of NYC Construction Codes. 10. Assisting with the project management of code implementation projects. 11. Liaising with the International Code Council and national standards writing organizations. 12. Coordinating with department units, other agencies, industry, and other stakeholders as necessary to effectuate code updates and resolve disputes. 13. Provide technical training, outreach and coordination. 14. Researching materials, equipment and alternative design/installation procedures under consideration by the Department. 15. Working with the industry and consultants to evaluate new technology to be used within the framework of the NYC Construction Codes. 16. Assisting with special projects designated by the Assistant Commissioner and the Executive Director. 17. Assisting with the review, analysis and assessment of weekly/monthly performance indicators and reports regarding Technical Affairs and Code Development operations. 18. Assisting with outreach efforts and to facilitate communication with community and other organizations.
Minimum Qual Requirements A valid New York State Registration as an Architect is required. In addition, candidates must have six ( 6 ) years of full-time paid experience in architectural work, at least two (2) years of which shall have been as an administrative architect. To Apply For Non-City/External Candidates: Visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ and search for the specific Job ID # 128836 For Current City Employees: Visit https://a127- ess.nyc.gov/psp/prdess/?cmd=login to view and apply for available positions. Click on Recruiting Activities, Careers, and search for the specific Job ID # 128836 No phone calls, faxes or personal inquiries permitted.
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED
Hours/Shift 35 hours (minimum) Work Location 280 Broadway, 7th Floor, N.Y. Residency Requirement New York City Residency is not required for this position POST UNTIL: Until Filled The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity