City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
- COORDINATOR - JOB PLACEMENT PROGRAM
- RFP for Expert GIS Technology Consultant
- Communications - Copywriter / Graphic Designer
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Build It Back Electrical Inspector
NYC Department of Buildings
DEPARTMENT OF BUILDINGS Job Posting Notice # of Positions: 1 Job ID: 137708 Business Title: Build It Back Electrical Inspector Civil Service Title: INSPECTOR (ELECTRICAL FOR PAYR Title Code No: 31623 Level: 00 Job Category: Public Safety, Inspections, & Enforcement Career Level: Experienced (non-manager) Proposed Salary Range: $ 51,936.00 - $ 51,936.00 (Annual) Work Location: 280 Broadway, 6th Floor, N.Y. Division/Work Unit: Default Job Description THIS IS A LONG-TERM TEMPORARY FUNDED POSITION WITH AN ESTIMATED DURATION OF UP TO 2 YEARS.
On June 3rd, Mayor Bloomberg announced the registration period for the NYC Build It Back program to allow homeowners, landlords and tenants in the five boroughs to apply for recovery assistance. New York City, through the Mayor's Office of Housing Recovery Operations (HRO), plans to allocate Community Development Block Grant - Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funds to address urgent infrastructure, housing and business needs in areas hardest hit by Hurricane Sandy. The staffing hired for this program is directly associated with this CDBG-DR grant funded initiative and is hired until the program ends.
Under general supervision:
Performs technical work in the inspection of electrical installations, repairs or alterations to insure conformance to code, standards, plans or specifications.
Issues violations and/or summonses for non- compliance.
Prepares accurate inspectorial reports.
Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries.
Accurately and professionally, provide expert testimony at administrative and criminal court hearings. Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Five years of full-time satisfactory experience acquired within the last 15 years as an electrician or inspector of electrical installations, light, heat, and/or power distribution, fire alarm detection or communication systems; or 2. Three years of full-time satisfactory experience as described in "1" above, plus either 60 semester credits from an accredited college with a minimum of 12 credits in electrical related courses or two years of full-time training in an acceptable electrical program in an accredited technical school; or 3. A license as a professional engineer or architect valid in the State of New York; or 4. A satisfactory combination of education and/or experience that is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. Education may be substituted for experience on the basis that six months of full-time training in an electrical program in an accredited technical school or 15 semester credits in an accredited college is equivalent to six months of the experience described in "1" above. To be credited, college education must include at least 12 semester credits in electrical related courses. However, all candidates must have a minimum of three years of experience as described in "1" above.
Driver License Requirement: By the time you are appointed to this position, you must have a motor vehicle driver license valid in the State of New York. If you have moving violations, license suspension(s) or an accident record, you may be disqualified. This license must be maintained for the duration of your employment. Medical Requirement: Medical guidelines have been established for the position of Inspector (Electrical). Candidates will be examined to determine whether they can perform the essential functions of the position of Inspector (Electrical). Where appropriate, a reasonable accommodation will be provided for a person with a disability to enable him or her to take the examination, and /or to perform the essential functions of the job. Additional Information
A valid New York State Department of Motor Vehicles Driver's License maintained for the duration of employment.
At the time of appointment, all candidates residing in New York City must apply to receive Special Patrolman status. To Apply For Non-City/External Candidates: Visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ and search for the specific Job ID # 137708
For Current City Employees: Visit https://a127- ess.nyc.gov/psp/prdess/?cmd=login to view and apply for available positions. Click on Recruiting Activities, Careers, and search for the specific Job ID # 137708
No phone calls, faxes or personal inquiries permitted. NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED Hours/Shift 40 hours (minimum) Work Location CITYWIDE Residency Requirement New York City Residency is not required for this position POST UNTIL: Until Filled The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer