City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
City Limits is a 37-year-old, award-winning nonprofit urban affairs new agency that operates three websites producing investigative and public-interest news on issues that affect New York City, and especially its low-income neighborhoods. We are seeking a dynamic and energetic team member to oversee our effort to increase our profile, our audience and the level of engagement we have with readers.
• Work daily to maximize readership via search engine optimization, contact with media partners, liking City Limits content to mainstream headlines and more
• Produce and distribute email blasts and coordinate our social media efforts
• Develop and maintain partnerships with other media and stakeholder organizations
• Analyze web analytics to gauge story performance, explain trends in readership, and provide feedback to the editorial team
• Assess and help improve our technology to enhance the reader experience
• Assist in planning and execution of events
• Oversee our job board and display advertising including developing campaign proposals and working with clients to troubleshoot technical issues.
• Work with the team to create strategic membership and donation drives
The ideal candidate has:
• The desire and understanding of what it means to work with a small team and is comfortable working independently
• An entrepreneurial spirit and drive
• Enthusiasm and a commitment to our mission of creating an information source that engages more New Yorkers in the effort to make our city a better and more just place to live
• Experience and understanding of traditional and digital marketing, web metrics including the ability to research and recommend new products and services
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• An ability to manage multiple projects with limited supervision
• A creative approach to brand-building and audience engagement
• An appreciation for and desire to fit in with a laid back yet dedicated office culture
How TO APPLY:
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be read. No phone calls, please.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious and creative person to take ownership of both straightforward and complex projects that are essential to the success of a highly-regarded organization.