City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Lead Youth Producer
Manhattan Neighborhood Network
The MNN El Barrio Firehouse Community Media Center is dedicated to education and production. The Youth Media Center at the Firehouse offers educational programs and opportunities for young people to produce shows for the Youth Channel (YC) that are cablecast on MNN channels. The Center educates about media's critical role in society and assists producers to voice social, political and cultural concerns otherwise without a television outlet. Programs offer young people opportunities to receive technical training and produce media about issues impacting their lives for cablecast on MNN.
The Youth Media Center is seeking a Lead Youth Producer to coordinate, lead and oversee the production of youth-oriented media that educates, informs and inspires intended for distribution on MNN channels and social media. Reporting directly to the Manager of Youth Programs and Outreach, the 35-hour per week position includes work on Saturdays and some evenings.
• Leads the production process to create programs targeted for audiences under 25 years old.
• Facilitates production meetings and manages the production calendar and schedule.
• Facilitates brainstorming sessions and research for story ideas.
• Organizes the logistics for shoots including schedule, locations, transportation, and shot lists.
• Determines equipment needs and makes necessary reservations.
• Identifies crews and assigns their responsibilities.
• Contacts talent and interviewees and obtains legal permissions or releases required.
• Serves as camera operator for designated YC programs.
• Coordinates YC production interns and ensures they gain production skills and experience.
• Provides technical/creative support to youth producers and interns.
• Oversees editing of field production shows.
• Develops and maintains relationships with community organizations and local artists for YC.
• Ensures compliance with and implements MNN policies, rules and regulations.
• Updates editing on computer usage in MNN database.
• Communicates with production partners about airing dates and times.
• Maintains recordkeeping related to production activities.
• Maintains general upkeep and cleanliness of edit stations, equipment, and production facilities.
• Other tasks as may be assigned by Manager of Youth Programs or Firehouse Director.
• Bachelor’s degree in media, television production, communications, journalism or equivalent experience.
• Three years + field production working experience.
• Demonstrated production skills including coordination, camera work, and editing.
• Strong new media technology skills and related working experience.
• Minimum one year teaching experience.
• Experience engaging youth in media production work.
Other Job Requirements
• Strong interest in community and youth media.
• Action-oriented work ethic with “can do” approach.
• Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, collectively and collaboratively with minimal supervision.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Has demonstrated ongoing learning and currency with issues related to media and production innovations in a rapidly changing field.
• Track record in solving problems with experience in troubleshooting and making recommendations.
• Experience in conflict resolution.
• Available to work evening and weekend hours.
Compensation Salary commensurate with experience.
How TO APPLY:
Application deadline is February 28, 2014. Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your letter, please respond to the following: 1) Why are you interested in the position? 2) Describe how you would organize a youth field production. Only fully complete applications will be reviewed. Due to volume of submissions, we may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. No phone calls please. Applicants will be contacted on a rolling basis.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is dedicated to the exercise of First Amendment rights through moving image media and creates opportunities for communication, education, artistic expression and other non-commercial uses of video facilities. Founded in 1992, MNN administers four Public Access channels on the RCN, Time Warner Cable and Verizon FiOS cable systems reaching 620,000 Manhattan cable subscribers, streams programs on the Internet reaching global audiences, and offers training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to Manhattan residents who wish to become certified producers for MNN.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.