City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- SW - Scattered Site (LI) Social Worker
- Analyst (Community Coordinator)
- RESEARCH SCIENTIST // City Research Scientist II
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Project Director, Midtown Community Court
Center for Court Innovation (CCI)
The Center for Court Innovation, a project of the Fund for the City of New York, is a unique public-private partnership that promotes new thinking about how courts and criminal justice agencies can aid victims, change the behavior of offenders, and strengthen communities. The Center creates demonstration projects that test new approaches to problems that have resisted conventional solutions. The Center's problem-solving courts include the nation's first community court (Midtown Community Court), as well as drug courts, domestic violence courts, youth courts, mental health courts, and others. Nationally and internationally, the Center performs original research on topics of justice reform and provides consulting services to criminal justice innovators.
The Midtown Community Court, an innovative criminal justice project, seeks a Project Director. The Midtown Community Court is a public-private partnership and a project of the Fund for the City of New York, and its mission is to respond constructively to quality-of-life crime and to work to prevent further crime before it occurs. It accomplishes these goals by sentencing persons arrested for misdemeanors in Times Square, Chelsea, Clinton and the Upper West Side to a range of community service and social service sentences, including drug treatment.
Reporting to the Center for Court Innovation's Director of Operations, the Project Director oversees all of Midtown's long-range planning and day-to-day operations.
• Supervise and manage staff of 20 -25 professionals including clinical, alternative sanctions, workforce development, facilities and research departments
• Coordinate court operations, social services and clinical service delivery
• Create policies to improve sentencing practices and maximize participant compliance.
• Maintain and establish relationships with community leaders and criminal justice agencies
• Design and implement new initiatives, working with Center for Court Innovation and Midtown staff
• Oversee facility, including coordination of current building renovation
• Manage Midtown’s non-court programs, including job training and fatherhood programs
• Coordinate efforts of the Center for Court Innovation and the New York State Unified Court System to institutionalize the project within the court system
• Manage project’s annual budget
• Fundraise through grant writing for program development
• Manage all contracts and grants
• Serve as Midtown’s ambassador to private and public sector visitors
• Oversee ongoing evaluation and research of court operations
• Develop standards by which to measure Midtown’s on-going achievements and operations
• Troubleshoot Midtown's operations
The ideal candidate will have an advanced degree, such as a law degree or Master’s, supervisory experience and a minimum of five years in a related area, preferably as a criminal justice practitioner. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills are a must. Candidate must be skilled communicator able to work in multi-disciplinary setting and maintain strong relationships with multiple agencies and organizations both onsite and in the community. The candidate should have strong organizational skills and analytical ability, as well as a commitment to creativity and innovation.
How TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to: Midtown Community Court Subject: Project Director Search 314 W. 54th Street New York, NY 10019 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct applicants only, no third party inquiries or phone calls please.
Deadline to Apply: 3/14/14
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits package.
Visit our website at www.courtinnovation.org. The Fund for the City of New York is an equal opportunity employer.