City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Associate Director
- Human Resources Director - SEIU 32BJ, New York
- Leasing and Compliance Administrative Associate
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Grants & Operations Associate
Charles H. Revson Foundation
The Charles H. Revson Foundation is an independent, nonprofit grantmaking organization founded in 1956 with a commitment to "the spread of knowledge" and "the improvement of human life," making grants in the areas of urban affairs, education, Jewish life, and biomedical research.
This position offers the opportunity to learn about grantmaking and about a wide range of nonprofit organizations, as well as to develop many vital professional skills, in a small, friendly, supportive, and collaborative office environment.
The Grants & Operations Associate serves at the nexus between program staff, administrative staff, and grantee organizations, overseeing the grantmaking process and providing a variety of additional administrative and programmatic support.
Grants management will require approximately two thirds of the Grants & Operations Associate’s time:
• Maintain grant records in database and paper files
• Prepare and send official grant payment documents and correspondence
• Ensure compliance with all grantmaking policies and procedures
• Compile grants data for annual audit, as well as for other data inquiries as requested
• Beginning late 2014, oversee migration to a new grants database software platform
Other operational and administrative responsibilities, as well as some program-related work, will require the remainder of the Grants & Operations Associate’s time:
• Update website content
• Assist in composing short grant recommendation summaries
• Some other writing and editing assignments as needed
• Assist in preparing materials for board meetings
• Manage the general-inquiries email inbox
• Prepare office for meetings and travel arrangements for the Foundation’s trustees
• Answer phone, maintain and restock supplies, track attendance, digitize archival records, provide additional office-management assistance
• Assist with IT services maintenance and troubleshooting
• Assist in proofreading copy and financial documents
• Assist in updating procedures manuals and instructions
• Assist other staff with special projects (all staff assist other staff with their work from time to time)
• Bachelor’s degree
• Related work experience; databases, Excel, website content management preferred
• Strong interest in nonprofit and philanthropic sectors
• Attention to detail is extremely important for this position
• Must be well organized, reliable, and able to juggle a constant variety of tasks and deadlines
• Must have strong computer skills
• Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and formal writing skills
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as collaboratively
• Must be an eager learner and a quick study
Salary range is $36,000-39,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications. We offer competitive benefits.
How TO APPLY:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and short writing sample to email@example.com by March 6. First-round interviews will begin approximately March 10, second-round interviews approximately March 17, with employment beginning as soon thereafter as possible. This timeframe is tentative and subject to change as needed.