City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Family Dynamics Family Counselor
- Legislative/Policy Director (Full Time Position)
- Campaigns Director (Full Time Position)
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Start-Up Initiative Director
American Sustainable Business Council
The American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC) is seeking a Director to the ASBC Progress Network. This initiative's goal is to improve quality of life for low-wage workers in New York City by supporting and incentivizing businesses to adopt best practices.
The Director will oversee the daily operations and provide leadership for the Progress Network initiative as well as supervise the management team and support staff in meeting the goals and execution of the deliverables for the initiative.
The Director is responsible for a range of tasks including:
• Strategic Planning
- Develops and implements long and short term strategic plans through an advisory group, the ASBC management project teams, and ASBC staff
- Coordinates development of staff work plans and oversees their execution
• Staff and Consultant Management
- Manages all contracts and subcontracts
- Recruits and retains staff/contractors as needed in support of the initiative
- Promotes a positive and productive environment and relationship with ASBC management team and staff
- Conducts ongoing evaluations of work performances including annual employee reviews
- Ensures that all administrative records, including personnel policies and procedures, interim steering committee minutes, and contracts are complete and accessible
• Financial Management
- Monitors financials in collaboration with the ASBC CFO and CEO
• Capacity Building
- Works closely with all partner organization representatives
- Maintains and fosters relationships with other public and not-for-profit agencies, businesses, individual legislators, and government officials
- Provides leadership in creating and maintaining collaborative efforts with other organizations
- Tracks all deliverables
- Reports on progress to NYC EDC and others
- Works with ASBC CEO to identify and pursue additional funding
- Ability to lead a start-up initiative
- Three to five years directing or leading an organization and or initiative
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Sustainable Business/workplace knowledge
How TO APPLY:
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC) is a growing coalition of business organizations and businesses committed to creating a vision and framework and advancing market solutions and policies to support a vibrant, just, and sustainable economy. Founded in 2009, ASBC and its organizational members represent more than 200,000 businesses and more than 325,000 individual entrepreneurs, owners, executives, investors, and business professionals across the United States. These diverse business organizations are comprised of trade associations, local and state chambers of commerce, microenterprise, social enterprise, cooperatives, green and sustainable business groups, local and community-rooted business, women business leaders, economic development organizations, and investor and business incubators.
In addition, ASBC has been joined by a wide range of companies including Patagonia, EILEEN FISHER, Stonyfield Farm, Ben & Jerry’s, Seventh Generation, Organic Valley, New Belgium Brewery, American Insurance Life, Green Depot, New Resource Bank, Naturepedic, Earth Friendly Products, and Trillium Asset Management. ASBC informs and engages business leaders, while educating policy makers and the media about the need and opportunities for a sustainable economy.