City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Business Engagement Coordinator
American Sustainable Business Council
The American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC) is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed Business Engagement Coordinator to oversee the full set of business engagement efforts for meeting the goals and execution of the deliverables for the ASBC Progress Network. This initiative's goal is to improve quality of life for low-wage workers in New York City by supporting and incentivizing businesses to adopt best practices.
The Business Engagement Coordinator plays an important role within this initiative. The Business Engagement Coordinator will work with other ASBC team members as well as work directly with our participating organizations. The person in this role is one of the public faces of the ASBC Progress Network.
The Business Engagement Coordinator will coordinate with a number of participating organizations working directly with them as well as with individual businesses.
This position is responsible for a range of tasks including:
• Coordination of all participating organizations;
• Development of general communications tools and materials;
• Mobilizing participation of organizations and individual businesses; and
• Identification of and engagement of businesses and other business leaders across the city.
- Flexibility to adapt to start-up initiative
- Three to five years of issue or business coordination/organizing
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Sustainable Business/workplace knowledge
- Must be competent in writing and editing as well as communications
- Fluent in a business perspective
The ideal candidate will be an outgoing and thoughtful leader who picks up on the broad scope of the initiative, and yet has keen attention to detail. The Coordinator can also speak on behalf of the initiative to a diverse audience and then manage a range of diverse relationships.
How TO APPLY:
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com.
The American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC) is a growing coalition of business organizations and businesses committed to creating a vision and framework and advancing market solutions and policies to support a vibrant, just, and sustainable economy. Founded in 2009, ASBC and its organizational members represent more than 200,000 businesses and more than 325,000 individual entrepreneurs, owners, executives, investors, and business professionals across the United States. These diverse business organizations are comprised of trade associations, local and state chambers of commerce, microenterprise, social enterprise, cooperatives, green and sustainable business groups, local and community-rooted business, women business leaders, economic development organizations, and investor and business incubators.
In addition, ASBC has been joined by a wide range of companies including Patagonia, EILEEN FISHER, Stonyfield Farm, Ben & Jerry’s, Seventh Generation, Organic Valley, New Belgium Brewery, American Insurance Life, Green Depot, New Resource Bank, Naturepedic, Earth Friendly Products, and Trillium Asset Management. ASBC informs and engages business leaders, while educating policy makers and the media about the need and opportunities for a sustainable economy.