City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Living United for Change in Arizona and the Arizona Center for Empowerment
At LUCHA & ACE, we work to ensure that everyone has access to the American Dream by amplifying the voices of low- and moderate-income communities, communities of color, and immigrant Americans though collective action. We develop the capacities essential to hold government and corporations accountable, improve the health of our families, economy and environment, support rights for immigrants, and reform our public schools, workplaces and financial institutions. The position requires significant experience in community and/or labor organizing and will call upon the skills and passion of a first-rate organizer, strategist and fundraiser. As Executive Director, you will have the opportunity to build world class organizing programs in Arizona.
• Bottom-line responsibility for organizational fundraising, including identifying and building relationships with funding sources, developing strategies to solicit funders and submitting proposals;
• Oversight of staff which includes supervising a growing team of diverse organizers, recruitment, community leaders, and training;
• Organizational development including leadership and board development, oversight of operation, as well as development of non-organizing programs (e.g. communications, administration and policy);
• Building powerful local issue campaigns focusing on economic and racial justice;
• Building new, powerful organizing committees in target communities;
• Developing strong relationships with coalition partners, community activists and others;
• Development and implementation of a communications plan which aims to promote the activities and campaigns of the organization.
• Several years’ organizing experience in community, labor, or grassroots electoral organizing;
• Successful fundraising track record;
• Significant and proven leadership skills developed through several years in senior management positions;
• Understanding of non-profits and experience working with Board of Directors;
• Success cultivating positive, collaborative relationships with partners including organizational allies and funders;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and strong presentation skills;
• Excellent organizational skills including good attention to detail and highly organized;
• The proven ability to lead and foster a positive work environment that encourages teamwork, strategic planning and collaboration;
• Experience training and supervising community, labor, or electoral organizers;
• Experience in start-up organizations is a plus;
• Strong commitment to social justice.
Women, People of Color, Aspiring or New Americans and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply.
Ability to speak and write Spanish is highly recommended
How TO APPLY:
Please email a detailed cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
Living United for Change in Arizona and the Arizona Center for Empowerment are progressive, grassroots, community-based sister organizations engaged together in and committed to building power with low and moderate income communities of color in Arizona.